New claymation adventure game - Armikrog

Reminds me of the CLAYFIGHTER games. I liked the Elvis clayfighter. Those games were on the SNES right?

Even DRM-free (and Linux version) but sadly regionally priced and quite steep too.

$3.90 more for me than for Murican's. No thanks, I don't support discrimination.

I won't support TenNapel because he's a homophobic arsehat. 

Source?
------------------------------

Now that the game is out in the open, I'm reading terrible feedback by customers, here is one (source: http://www.gog.com/game/armikrog)

Beta game! Needs serious work.

I give the developers one star for actually doing a claymation adventure game in 2015. I give them one more for the effort they made in its creation. That's all I'm afraid. The game is, if not a train wreck, a highly wobbly affair bumbling along the rails, nearly going off them at times.

Why put in all the effort to create music, sound and claymation if you compress it until it sounds and looks like garbage? The whole affair is compressed to less than 3 GB in size, for no reason at all!

The game also wants you play with the bog standard Windows mouse pointer, which means that there's zero context sensitivity in the game and you have to click everything franticly, with no feedback, to see if it's just a non-interactive prop or something actually relevant to the puzzles. What a massive failure!

Everything about this game screams early beta. The game menus/buttons don't even have text on non-English locales. I mean, .... wow, who thought this was ready to ship?!

On further reflection, let's deduct one star and leave this with one! Beta software shipped as final is inexcusable.

Last edited by a moderator:
German Gamestar gave 78%, so it's actualy not that bad. However, they wrote that the game is only ~5hrs or so, a little bit short for that long development time. But claymation-games are rarte so this may be the "price" you have to pay for that kind of game. I've read reviews of the predecessor "The Neverhood" and this was afaik a bigger game for obvious reasons.
Not sure about the technical issues, Gamestar wrote they had not much of these. 

Now that the game is out in the open, I'm reading terrible feedback by customers, here is one (source: http://www.gog.com/game/armikrog)

Why put in all the effort to create music, sound and claymation if you compress it until it sounds and looks like garbage? The whole affair is compressed to less than 3 GB in size, for no reason at all!

I do hope they meant MB... :lol:

-Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
German Gamestar gave 78%, so it's actualy not that bad. However, they wrote that the game is only ~5hrs or so, a little bit short for that long development time. But claymation-games are rarte so this may be the "price" you have to pay for that kind of game. I've read reviews of the predecessor "The Neverhood" and this was afaik a bigger game for obvious reasons.

I heard more like 3 hours of game, not 5. And the game is apparently riddled with bugs.. 

Mount & Blade?

I heard more like 3 hours of game, not 5. And the game is apparently riddled with bugs.. 
This is what I'm reading everywhere: Extremely short and technically broken.

Mount & Blade?
Megabytes...  Whoever it was was complaining because "The whole affair is compressed to less than 3 GB in size" 

-Neelix

The GOG page specifies a size of 1.2GB. I don't know whether that is to small for high quality (considering it to be quite short).

Back