New Dreamcast Game For 2007!!

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
November 28, 2006 - The Dreamcast appeared to have died an early death at the hands of the evil PlayStation 2 some three years back, but there's still some signs of life left in the first last generation console. A popular arcade site reports today that Japanese publisher Warashi will be porting its arcade shooter Trigger Heart Exelica to the system.

Trigger Heart is a vertical scrolling shooter that makes use of a three button system, one button for shooting, one for releasing a bomb, and one for using an "anchor shot." The anchor shot allows you to capture enemies in the air and lock on to enemies on the ground. When you've captured an enemy, you enter "capture mode," and can move it around and release it as a special type of bomb.

This presumably final Dreamcast game will hit Japanese retail on 2/22/2007, eight years and three months after the system was first released to Japan.

Check out this:
http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/747/747885p1.html

Same. But is it just me or have all of the 'last' dreamcast games that were released been vertical shooter? Im not caring really. Ikaruga is still the best.

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 1 2006 at 08:21 PM said:
Same. But is it just me or have all of the 'last' dreamcast games that were released been vertical shooter? Im not caring really. Ikaruga is still the best.

Not all of them where vertical shooters although there was radilgy, under defeat (both vert. shooters) but there was also cool herders.. Never played that game though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Ganepark32 posted on Dec 1 2006 at 07:21 PM said:
But is it just me or have all of the 'last' dreamcast games that were released been vertical shooter?

I thought that as well :p...

It seems to be a tradition for vertical shooters to run on outdated hardware and push it to its limits. For example, Cave's famous shooters (e.g. Dodonpachi, Esp.ra.de, EspGaluda..) run on 68000 processor based arcade systems. That's a processor that was invented in the late 70s. Yet, they produce remarkably intense gameplay and visuals. Their newest shooters use Hitachi SH-3 processors at ~133 MHz, again quite outdated but still fantastic technology. The Dreamcast's power for 2D applications had not yet been tapped, but a lot of these games really begin to push the hardwares' capabilities. Take a look at some of the other high-end 2.5D shooters like Psyvariar 2, of course, Ikaruga .. Zero Gunner 2, Radilgy... also given the 'cult-classic' nature of vertical shooters, it's really no surprise they're still coming out for the DC.

Another big part of it is that these shooters are coming out for Naomi arcade hardware which is nearly identical to the Dreamcast console so they are often backported to the home system and sold in Japan for the hardcore shooter fans.

Last Hope is also supposed to be coming to the Dreamcast. The release date for it is supposed to be December 2006 but it's December right now and there's no word of it so who knows when it will be out. Should be interesting, though.

Don't play my dreamcast much, but still interested. My collection counts +/- 190 games, only play them when I'm with friends orso.

I never quite saw the attraction of Power Stone. i got the first one and didnt much care for it. What makes it so good? What do y'all think?
Haven't played my dreamcast in a while. i need to get hold of Rez. Ive seen all the screenshots and the videos and it just makes me wanna play it even more.

if you played power stone with a friend, it was a really fun game (ahhh good times) say why did the DC die out, it was 100000 times better than the ps2 imho (then again, i hate sony) still good to see games being made for it tho

I've always found Power Stone 1/2 much better than even Smash Bros.-- especially as a party game. The items/weapons and environmental interaction are vastly superior, and the fighting over gems for your super abilities is loads of fun.

Goemon4 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 10:35 PM said:
if you played power stone with a friend, it was a really fun game (ahhh good times) say why did the DC die out, it was 100000 times better than the ps2 imho (then again, i hate sony) still good to see games being made for it tho
hype

Don't forget about Border Down! Released in 03? That is one intense horizontal shooter. Amazing graphics.

Can't wait to see this new one.

Ganepark32 posted on Dec 3 2006 at 06:48 PM said:
Haven't played my dreamcast in a while. i need to get hold of Rez. Ive seen all the screenshots and the videos and it just makes me wanna play it even more.

I got my dreamcast just to play Rez - it's pretty cool. I've never got very far in it, it's just good for a chill out every now and then...

Rez is really cool, sometimes it isn't very exciting but other times look out! :lol:

Rez was one of my first burned copies together with Ikaruga and Propeller Arena. Here's a list of games I played very often:

-Grandia 2
-MvsC 2 : Clash for Super Heroes (I was grounded for 6 months and didn't had anything better to do)
-Tony Hawk 1 (got my hands on this one maybe 7 months ago, completed it 7 times in 2 days)
-Hydro Thunder (I fell in love at the arcade on this one)
-Phantasy Star Online (The only game I'd bought which didn't came with the Dreamcast)
-Wetrix (cause I didn't know how the hell the game worked, and still don't)
-Ikaruga (I really liked the idea and it was the first time I played a vertical shooter in 3d)

As you can see these are all different kind of genres. I really do like arcade games, but those are games you should play with 2 players, same for fighting games (but that's my opinion). The PowerStone series didn't really attract me but it is quite fun to play with friends (cause they don't know what the hell they're doing) :lol:

Although the Dreamcast really dissapoints me on the racing genre, it's still a great little arcade machine.

Back