grin.gif
+1

Just waiting for UPS to bring that cable. :D

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Is it possible that future versions of the script/app will turn off the pandora's screen, to conserve power and such?

Sure, the current script doesn't do much except for enabling TV Out.
I'm working on that :)

Be sure to make that optional. Some applications may want to use both screens at the same time. (As we have been told is possible)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
EvilDragon said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Is it possible that future versions of the script/app will turn off the pandora's screen, to conserve power and such?

Be sure to make that optional. Some applications may want to use both screens at the same time. (As we have been told is possible)

-God Ginrai

Sure, everything should be optional :)
No worries there.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:

BTW: If your TV / LCD doesn't lag with other gaming consoles which use analogue inputs, it won't lag with the Pandora, too.
It either lags or doesn't lag.

Any word on the power consumption difference while TV-Out is enabled? Or perhaps there is no difference? If there is little difference, I wonder how much battery life could be saved using TV-Out with the pandora screen off.

Also, Does this work with a standard XFCE Desktop? If it's not too blurry being displayed on a TV screen, it might be useful to use a TV as a monitor for the pandora (Albeit at 720x480 with interlacing, not exactly ideal for desktop purposes.) These are definitely a lot of very interesting and exciting possibilities for the pandora.

Edit: Also your post count in the general pandora forums amused me.
http://img706.imageshack.us/f/evil1234.jpg/

Would it be possible to close the pandora while connected to the tv? so i can use my psx or logitech game control

WizardStan said:
Mofokubik said:
The cables would have been useless until recently anyway since the tv-out script was just put into the latest hotfix.
And it probably only took so long because it was a low priority on account that no one had cables anyway.
We seem to have a chicken and egg problem. :p

Nope. The cables were not delayed because of the script.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Videos like this just aren't fair to those of us who are still waiting :(

Great vid ED, thanks for taking the time out to do it. TV-Out looks absolutely brilliant and it just needs the right scripts to make it perfect :D

What are you talking about? Videos like this are GREAT for those of us still waiting. Considering that I wanted this thing before, looking at all the new developments and seeing what's becoming possible so soon is great. That way, when the time does come that you actually have one of these things, everything is much more polished and better, and watching it happen is tons of fun.

Back