New F-200 Vid On Youtube And Stage6

Fruity

Still Fresh
Finally recieved my f-200 and it's got problems so it's gonna have to go back.

Not a happy bunny !

The Video Clip

STAGE6 - http://stage6.divx.com/user/FruityNutter/v...2X-F-200-/-F200
(complete clip, best quality)

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPRMU6G_A
(slighty shorter, lower quality)

Anyone else had problems ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's almost painful to watch :( At least you have a backup.

The plus side is that you got it from gp2x.co.uk and returning it should not be a problem.

What probs did you have with your F100?

Just watched it and got myself depressed :(

I'm safe for now though, I can't buy one due to bad luck and no cash lol.

It does look quite good, leaving aside the defects. The blue led is a nice touch... But will probably get irritating when playing games or watching videos.

Blimey- mine isnt that bad.

I have to return mine also, but it has no problems with the SD card or switching it on.

Your F200's problems indicate that there is no post-assembly quality control check whatsoever or that the person responsible for it wasn't doing their job that particular day. Is there one of those QC check stickers on it? If so, you could pass the QC checker's ID number along to people who don't care anyway and they could then use it as an excuse to lower her wage from $0.50/hr to $0.45 (assuming assembly was done in China)... if you want to be cruel, that is. ;)

Fruity Nutter said:
Finally recieved my f-200 and it's got problems so it's gonna have to go back.

Not a happy bunny !

The Video Clip

STAGE6 - http://stage6.divx.com/user/FruityNutter/v...2X-F-200-/-F200
(complete clip, best quality)

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPRMU6G_A
(slighty shorter, lower quality)

Anyone else had problems ?

Hi,

I might be wrong here but on your video you are inserting a multimedia card not a SD card,Multimedia cards work the same apart from they have this little tag thing on the side ( Not sure what it dose, maybe write protect ). I am almost sure that a multimedia card are slightly thicker than a SD card, So I guess that might be the problem here. Still it looks like you F200 is not that well made. If I am wrong on this I apologize.

Tech-Head said:
Hi,

I might be wrong here but on your video you are instering a multimedia card not a SD card,Multimedia cards work the same apart from they have this little tag thing on the side ( Not sure what it dose, maybe write protect ). I am almost sure that a multimedia card are slightly thicker than a SD card, So I guess that might be the problem here. Still it looks like you F200 is not that well made. If I am wrong on this I apologize.
But in the beginning of the video, regardless whether it was an SD or MMC, the card still fit into his F100's card slot. In the F200, however, it got stuck.

OMars said:
Tech-Head said:
Hi,

I might be wrong here but on your video you are instering a multimedia card not a SD card,Multimedia cards work the same apart from they have this little tag thing on the side ( Not sure what it dose, maybe write protect ). I am almost sure that a multimedia card are slightly thicker than a SD card, So I guess that might be the problem here. Still it looks like you F200 is not that well made. If I am wrong on this I apologize.
But in the beginning of the video, regardless whether it was an SD or MMC, the card still fit into his F100's card slot. In the F200, however, it got stuck.

Hi,

That is true, there is still a problem, but I am sure if he used a SD card not a multimedia card it would work. It does say on Gp2x UK that it uses SD cards :unsure:

Hi,

I must apologize I have got this wrong that is an SD card he is inserting, a mm card has no tag thing on the side.

Someone shoot me now :(

Tech-Head said:
Hi,

I must apologize I have got this wrong that is an SD card he is inserting, a mm card has no tag thing on the side.

Someone shoot me now :(
Hey, it's no problem, everyone, *especially me, has moments like these. :D

The little tag pushes in a switch on the SD card socket, which tells the device that it's write protected.. Some devices never bother checking though so dont assume that it will protect your card.

Just hoping mine isn't like this when it arrives.

Putting a little bit of oil on your finger and rubbing it down the sides of the SD card can help some mechanisms operate more smoothly.

I have to say that mine didnt have either problem...

Just wondering - on the back - is yours an "F200(B)" and what are the last 3 numbers in the info screen ?

Wondering about quality vs when it was built.

i feel sry for ya man, im also wondering who give you youtube video 1 star (i gave it 5 btw, not that it matters) and posted this ;

sparr000 said:
maybe the SD card wouldn't have gotten stuck if you hadn't tried to push it in the wrong way?
wonder if they are a member of these forums because they dont seem to know how the gp2x works at all...

Hi,

Yeah I think that we all feel sorry for you ( fruitynutter ), Hope that your replacement gets to you soon. My F200 gets to me on tuesday, so hoping that it's not the same as yours.

tim0391 said:
aw man i you are either extremely unlucky or gph have messed up big style
From someone who's had nothing but positive experiences with my F-200 (so far, knock on wood!), I feel sorry for your particular situation, but I just hope that this doesn't give other users (particularly potential buyers of the F-200) the idea that all the units are poorly constructed garbage.

Back