New Gizmondo Already

I was considering to get a Giz on the US launch. Not now considering they will abandon it next year in favor of the PSPmondo. The first Giz and this won't be too compatible. If a game uses the widescreen and faster CPU the old Giz owners are SOL. If I bought a first gen Giz I would be PISSED! Tiger certainly has PSP envy.

All of this widescreen mania now after the PSP. Don't they know that widescreen is not efficient for a portable? It is too long making the unit too long and bulky. It is a smaller screen than PSP though PSP is 4.3". I know they don't want emulators on it so the fact that widescreen and analog isn't good for emulation doesn't matter here.

Monkey see, monkey do :rolleyes:

retarded! there are no dual sticks. THEY LIE!

Wide screen is what's hot on the street, everthing is going wide now, Go wide or get left behind.

DaveC posted on Sep 20 2005 at 04:10 AM said:
I was considering to get a Giz on the US launch. Not now considering they will abandon it next year in favor of the PSPmondo. The first Giz and this won't be too compatible. If a game uses the widescreen and faster CPU the old Giz owners are SOL. If I bought a first gen Giz I would be PISSED! Tiger certainly has PSP envy.

All of this widescreen mania now after the PSP. Don't they know that widescreen is not efficient for a portable? It is too long making the unit too long and bulky. It is a smaller screen than PSP though PSP is 4.3". I know they don't want emulators on it so the fact that widescreen and analog isn't good for emulation doesn't matter here.

Monkey see, monkey do :rolleyes:

to long and bulky? C'mon now. the psp is barely longer than the ds. and maybe by todays standard it could be "bulky" but lets not forget the portables of the past, GameGear, Lynx, Game.com, even the original gameboy, if turned horizontal, is hardly smaller than the PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DS is almost exactly the same size as an original GB turned sideways, and the PSP easily fits in a pocket assuming you arnt using the carry case.

The pics of this NeoGiz dosent give a suitable frame of referance to really compare but if it's smaller than the PSP even by a few centimeters it will fit fine in your pocket... not that many people are going to buy it any way. :lol:

Angel posted on Sep 28 2005 at 03:43 PM said:
your both on drugs then. They still fit in a pocket, and they are still smaller than handhelds of histories past.
Those weren't handhelds as far as I'm concerned. GBA and GP32/GP2X are the perfect handheld dimensions.. well, maybe perfect is the GB micro, but realistic dimensions are the GBA and GP32/GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back