New Gp2x Acting Strange

LOOM

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi, my GP2X arrived yesterday. I tried few emus and homebrew games and all seems to have some weird problem, if I run something I get just black screen, emu or game loads after few switch-offs. No problems other than that, everything run after few hard restarts... my fw is 2.1.2, batteries charged... any suggestions? Thanks!

I had a gp32 with the same problem... It needed some hard restarts to get working... Once working it gave no problems until I had to switch of and do another hard restart...
The problem was never solved... I had to live with it...

Maybe it is something completely different with your gp2x... I really do not know

That's not a good think to hear... It's quite annoying reseting my GP2X five times to switch app <_< but thanks for post... hope it's not this case...

You are using rechareble batteries, right?
What programs/games have you tried?
I think that squidgesnes had a stress test option that you could test (if it hangs during the stress test it is most likely a hardware problem).

You could also setup a remote connection from your computer to your 2x to see if the programs you are running is spitting out some debug information (see http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Tcp/ip_over_usb).

In a worst-case scenario, what you are describing sounds could be that;
Your 2x's hardware is damaged and you should send it back to get a new one.
or
Your 2x's firmware is damaged and you could try to reflash it, this is however quiet unlikely.

Back