New Gp2x From Website

wickermonkey

Still Fresh
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knows if the faster gp2x thats available from of the website has overclocked chips or are they faster?
Thanks

searchlz6.png

wickermonkey posted on Dec 16 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
Hi, I was just wondering if anybody knows if the faster gp2x thats available from of the website has overclocked chips or are they faster?
Thanks

I believe they're the same chips, but guaranteed (and set) to overclock. On the original GP2Xs there is no guarantee that you will be able to overclock to those speeds.

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
mrben posted on Dec 16 2006 at 08:59 AM said:
I believe they're the same chips, but guaranteed (and set) to overclock.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I'm fairly certain that these systems do NOT default to 275 MHz, it's just that it's been tested at 275 MHz and is known to work. If you just get a "normal" GP2X, it's the same thing, except it hasn't been tested, so you may not be able to overclock that high (That doesn't mean it WON'T work, it's just not guaranteed to). Both of them will boot up at 200 MHz in order to preserve battery life.

--Zero

I assume the reason they don't use the term overclock is because most people know what it means in reference to PC CPUs, which equals extra cooling and the risk of melting everything down. Overclocking ARM chips is completely different, so that would be equally confusing, but in a negative way.

Jackd posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
someone needs to like sticky something about this because theres one of these a week.

We should have a whole sticky section, because there's about 100 topics that come up at least once a week.

It wouldn´t work. Those morons don´t even read the readmes, they can´t use the search function, they can´t even post their questions into the right section.

Do you think they would care to read stickies?

Back