new gp32 owner needs some info.

sensible GP32

i was blown away by my gp32 its great the mp3 player is cool. the snes emulation, yet still in its early stages is still very good.

i was wondering what important things i should have on my gp32,
for example what are the best emulators to have on it and what applications will i find the most useful

another thing that interests me some what is the different o/s's i could have on it.

to be fair the one on atm isnt that good.

with the simple game/link/mp3 when i bought my gp32 i was shown an interface not to far from windows. im sure it began with a W but i forget.
and the freeloader software aint that great.

im like a big ass kid in huge sweet shop, so your help would kick so much ass. :D
thanks

You might be interested in getting moviepark, which lets you play divx movies on the GP32, it's only about 5 dollars from www.entware.com

As for emulators and apps, it depends what you are in to, 3 which are really good and definetely worth a look ar GPengine ( An emulator for the PC engine console), SMS32 ( An emulator for the sega master system and game gear), and Castaway (An emulator for the Atari ST computer), these all run at really good speeds with sound

As for the windows like operating system/shell it's called Windups, you can get it from http://www.gp32x.de/gp32download.php?do_w...=fileinfo&id=95
However if you want it to replace your GP32s default OS when it starts you have to flash your bios, search the forums for info on how to do this, otherwise you have to run it with freelauncher

Last edited by a moderator:
ive just read a little into flashing windups onto my gp32.

it seems i can fuck it up good styleeeeee'

i was wondering if somone who is good with flashing stuff would contact me on msn/icq and take me through it.
idont like the o/s thats on atm it does need changing but doing it properly is the key.

contact me on msn Tom_oi_proctor@hotmail.com
or icq 9516179

thanks

Read the guide at http://faq.gp32emu.com/
And, I would highly recommend using Spiv's Multi_Fw2, it contains the original firmware (with the boot-up animation stripped), Pacrom (My favourite, Wind-Ups soon loses it's novelty IMO), and Wind-Ups.

The reason why the WARNINGS ARE IN BOLD AND STICK OUT HEAPS are due to the fact that if you do something stupid, or flsh on a low battery, or whatever, you can fuck up your gp32.

However, I flash video card bioses all the time, and they are difficult to fix if stuffed up, but its rare when anything actually goes wrong. Its a quick process.

I flashed my gp32 about a week after I got it, having wind-ups at boot has been VERY nice.

Back