New Gpfrodo Release

Chatboard support?
I love playing my old c64 games, but having an occasional keyboard option helps a lot in text games, or even just to enter in high scores and the like.

Thanks for the great program.

Were there any timing fixes in this release? Tapper still acts buggy for me on the last build.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

That came out of nowhere!

*light beams down from the sky and... when the shimmering light fades, frodo beta 10 appears*

There are a lot of behind the scenes changes in this update - most of the effort was spent trying to track down a really elusive filesystem bug which was causing saving snapshots to fail among other things and which in the end I just had to find a workaround for. In addition it's built using a much newer gcc version and has new code from the development version of the original Frodo.

So while save states are the only intentional difference I wouldn't be surprised if other subtle changes have crept in. I also can't actually remember everything I've done to it since the last release. :)

I had a few problems with this release. 1st when selecting an image to load the menu was a bit garbled. 2nd while playing "Windham Classics Alice in wonderland" (its a good game don't laugh) the main menu was garbled and it would not allow me to start a game. This game works almost flawlessly on the previous release.

Don't know if its just that game (only one I've tried) or maybe a bug but Ithought I would give ya a heads up. :)

-Tim

Antiriad posted on Aug 27 2004 at 10:34 PM said:
hey snaff, thanks for using my C= icon :)
Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
snaff posted on Aug 27 2004 at 11:07 PM said:
Antiriad posted on Aug 27 2004 at 10:34 PM said:
hey snaff, thanks for using my C= icon :)
Thank you :)

How about the sound that was kind of messed up a bit in the older versions. Was that updated in this release? Also is the compatiblity or speed any better?

Thanks much for the awesome emu :)

Unbelievable news! Thanks so much, your work is really really appreciated!

Now I can start working my way through some of those harder games I never got to complete first time around :D

Ed

DaveC posted on Aug 28 2004 at 12:13 AM said:
How about the sound that was kind of messed up a bit in the older versions. Was that updated in this release? Also is the compatiblity or speed any better?

I think it's running a bit too fast now, i'll have to look at timing more closely, and sound. Some extra .t64 issues need fixing now as well.

Excellent work !
This brings c64 emulation to a new level.

Most t64 images seem indeed to have problems.. But Hey... I am not complaining !

Thanks

diablo2 posted on Aug 28 2004 at 01:50 PM said:
are there rpg for c64
maybe gpengine will get a surprize savestate update now
Erm, why? :huh:

Edit: Oh yeah, and thanks for save states :D. Maybe I'll be able to beat the stupidly hard monty (the platformer). Oh and btw everyone play power drift on frodo right now!

Great emulator, this has always been on my SMC and was the reason I bought my GP32!

With this new version many of my games won't load, saying "Device Not Found" which never happened before, any ideas? If there is a problem with t64 files, that's a real shame as I always favoured those due to the smaller filesize and in fact don't have d64 images for many of my favourites because of that...

Nice to see you implemented the suggestion to have the menu "quick pause" the game too! That's going to save my sanity... (Along with the savestates!)

®

Back