New Ipods

Glad to see that apple have taken a real step backwards when it comes to design. I thought they got away from that ugly as fuck brushed metal ipod mini look.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:44 PM said:
Glad to see that apple have taken a real step backwards when it comes to design. I thought they got away from that ugly as fuck brushed metal ipod mini look.

Bear in mind the original ipod nanos were incredibly scratch-attractive.

Last edited by a moderator:
They still looked better than those asstastic things.

I want a new ipod 80gb now. I hate it when I buy new technology a month before the REAL good stuff comes out.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 03:03 PM said:

I want a new ipod 80gb now. I hate it when I buy new technology a month before the REAL good stuff comes out.
Erm, may I ask why you actually need 80 gig on a portable MP3 player, it's not as if you're gonna listen to all them thousands of songs is it?

It just seems a bit overkill to me.

IPods are overkill. Nobody needs 80GB of music, not even 20. I'm happy though with how people buy the latest trend only to bite their teeth 2 months later. Teaches them right, as if they wouldn't buy the new one as well anyway..

- Alex

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 15 2006 at 02:15 PM said:
Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 03:03 PM said:

Erm, may I ask why you actually need 80 gig on a portable MP3 player, it's not as if you're gonna listen to all them thousands of songs is it?

It just seems a bit overkill to me.

That much space is good, because you can then have all your music in lossless format.

And Sam, that's a stupid comment. It's like slagging off the GP2x because it tookover from the GP32. You buy something for what it is when you buy it and enjoy it, ot curse cos it ain't the latest model! Technology moves on, and I want it to do so as quick as possible. ("I won't buy a new mobile phone, cos next year there will be one with a 4 megapixel camera on it!")

I think the shuffle looks sexy and is cheap as chips. I love my 30gig ipod, but will probably pick up a shuffle too. It'll be my third! I gave the other two away! (I'm lovely!)

Let's face it, sam's full of stupid comments.

For what its worth, I have never owned an Ipod, but the idea of this new one being more durable appeals to me, I may get one.

I think ipods are great. My 60gb has been great to me so far, almost a year and it looks and acts brand new. The old one I had lasted nearly 2.5 years before I just got the video model. My mom uses my old one, about 3 years old and still going strong.

People just dislike apple, which I understand. But seriously, i know people who bought irivers and zens because they have a personal thing against apple products...and not for any good reason, they just jump on the hating bandwagon so they can think theyre cool. I dont like apple computers, but the mp3s they have rock, period.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
I think ipods are great. My 60gb has been great to me so far, almost a year and it looks and acts brand new. The old one I had lasted nearly 2.5 years before I just got the video model. My mom uses my old one, about 3 years old and still going strong.

People just dislike apple, which I understand. But seriously, i know people who bought irivers and zens because they have a personal thing against apple products...and not for any good reason, they just jump on the hating bandwagon so they can think theyre cool. I dont like apple computers, but the mp3s they have rock, period.

ipods are great, the design has no flaw.
my only problem is itunes and compatibility issues.
i still have my 40gb iriver ihp-140.
to put a file on it all you do is copy and paste, and it can play all files including ogg.

itunes is brill, it's better than the shite that came with my walkman.

Klown posted on Sep 15 2006 at 09:44 AM said:

Screw you. I liked the mini, and it's a lot better than that scratch attacting shit of a coat the original nano had. It's like a fucking fuckslut in the middle of a shitfucking crowd of horny asslicking donkey-raping men.

How many cusses did I use again? Fuck...

Nova posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
itunes is brill, it's better than the shite that came with my walkman.

haha
true, the sony one sucked.
i just hate the idea you need to sync your pc up with ur mp3 player.
why not just copy and paste like the good old days?

Nova posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:38 PM said:
Let's face it, sam's full of stupid comments.

For what its worth, I have never owned an Ipod, but the idea of this new one being more durable appeals to me, I may get one.
Its nto stupid it a fucking realistic observation. Once the Ipod line settles down into a more stable, but big update routine, ill buy one.

Alex. posted on Sep 15 2006 at 01:20 PM said:
IPods are overkill. Nobody needs 80GB of music, not even 20. I'm happy though with how people buy the latest trend only to bite their teeth 2 months later. Teaches them right, as if they wouldn't buy the new one as well anyway..

- Alex
So what you're basically saying is "I have no use for that much space, so nobody else would either." I'd love to have 80GB of space on my iPod. My 20GB is full and since I listen to so much music on it I'd hate to delete anything to make room for something else and then get a craving for what I removed. And yes, I make good use of all that space and listen to a large variety of music quite regularly.

That said I don't think my next mp3 player will be an iPod. I want something with Ogg support, that will let me create playlists on the fly, that won't force me to use a specific program to put files on it, and has a sensible directory structure so I can plug it into a friend's computer and play songs from it without having to install iTunes. There are waaay better music players on just about every platform (though thankfully Amarok has iPod support).

Why don't you install rockbox on your ipod, ravnos.

Back