New look Google page - why him and not me?

Fzero

Advanced Member
Google rolled out this last week, with the new flat looking logo and new nav for accessing their apps - using a flyout grid rather than the bar along the top of window.

http://thenextweb.com/google/2013/09/19/google-launches-new-logo-and-navigation-bar-with-apps-launcher/

I still don't have this though, still got the old look, yet someone sat next to me does have the new version.

Dunno why?

Cleared cache and all that, tried all my browsers, still the old layout.

Why is this?

Is he the chosen one, given top level access to the beta :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, still the same here, but I don't mind these changes so much.  Not as annoying as the set of changes that have changed Youtube from requiring one click on a static icon to turn off annoying annotations to at least two clicks and a more confusing UI.

Yep, still the same here, but I don't mind these changes so much.  Not as annoying as the set of changes that have changed Youtube from requiring one click on a static icon to turn off annoying annotations to at least two clicks and a more confusing UI.
I agree there!

Why is the big/small player control separate to the fullscreen option?

and why do I have to put up with a picture of the uploader floating  in the corner of every video?

When all else fails,

Duck it

161971-32.png

The recent YT update on Android is nice, the fact a playing video can be minimised to bottom corner and still play whilst browsing next video is a nice feature... But can't see 'copy URL' option anymore. Which I used to use to rip the URL and paste into the boards here... Now seems have to send as text or email to get the URL then cancel it. Long.

Not so bothered about the Google thing, think it looks cleaner and more like their Android App Drawer, but is an extra click now for YT or News, which were the only menu options I use on the grey bar menu anyway.

...just wondering more as to why one mate next to me has it and I don't, I get it's being rolled out over weeks but seeing we both on same network domain I'd have expected us to get update at same time

Probably at least one of you has some cookies stored that qualify or disqualify its user.

Back