New Pandora Issues

pandora_e

Still Fresh
Hi,

I just recieved my new Pandora and have already run into a couple of problems.

1. I stupidly typed my password in the dark, and not being familiar with the new keyboard, I don't think I typed what I intended. I need to reset it. I searched the forum and saw a firmware reset was recommended. I followed the instructions, but the update doesn't seem to be applying, after a reboot I am logged back into the same settings. When running the updater I see the results:

u-boot: already there

u-boot-env: already there

kernel: already there

rootfs: missing

2. Since trying to update my touchscreen stopped working. I hope its related to the failed update.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, did the updater update the rootfs or did it post any error messages.

According to your post at 1., it seems the updater started correctly, but if your unit still had the same settings as before, it didn't flash...

Well, did the updater update the rootfs or did it post any error messages.

There were no error messages with the HF5 updater, but it definitely didn't update.

I've just solved both issues by applying the HF4 updater found elsewhere in the forums. I've just updated to HF5.

Thanks for your help :)

There were no error messages with the HF5 updater, but it definitely didn't update.
Your problem might have been that you were just using the updater. All it does is bring new stuff to the OS and keeps what it can. It's a few megs in size and is run from within the OS itself. The complete flash package is a couple hundred megs in size, and requires booting the Pandora while holding down the R shoulder button to engage the special boot menu. Is that what you did?

Your problem might have been that you were just using the updater. All it does is bring new stuff to the OS and keeps what it can. It's a few megs in size and is run from within the OS itself. The complete flash package is a couple hundred megs in size, and requires booting the Pandora while holding down the R shoulder button to engage the special boot menu. Is that what you did?

I definitely ran the complete package (holding down the R button etc). It was following the same procedure with the HF4 version that solved both issues. Sorry I said updater, it wasn't very clear...

Well then, that's odd. Sorry to have doubted you. Don't know what the problem might be. Not that there still is a problem, it seems, but in the event someone else ever has the same issue, it'd be nice to know what was wrong.

Back