New Pandora Owner,mini Review.

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Ive had my pandora for one day so far.Heres a little review.Personally i love this device.
All the buttons are springy and very responsive.The keys are slightly raised and very tactile.
The d-pad is lovely and again slightly raised thus enabling fluid movement.The analogue nubs remind me
of the old atari joystick.They are very responsive.(Mine is a one nub pandora,though now both nubs are fully working.
The shoulder buttons have a small travel distance but are very responsive.The touchscreen is very cool and the stylus
clicks into place in its slot perfectly.With hotfix2 minimenu is good and easy to use :) Im a linux newbie and am
still getting to grips with emulators and such.Once you get used to the pandora(its quite unique)You will love it.
I have still to watch videos or play music and there is lots to do.The wi-fi picks up loads of networks and connecting
is simple.Overall the case design is very good(not perfect,but who is)Im running fire and ice on UAE4all in the pictures.The sound is very,very good.Many bugs have been taken care of with hotfix 2,some occasional minor stuff.Software wise she will be great with the speedy hotfixes from ed.in 2 days time ill have my second pandora. B)
Not a bad word to say really.Its so worth the wait.nuff said.Edit cant get pics from my computer to the url box in forum.

Alerino said:
give us some more info on your wifi speed, wrath, please
or bump that specific thread concerning wifi speeds
thanks and congrats
mine is already sitting in customs office
You should have yours soon then.Am checking about wi fi speed but am not very good with computers

Last edited by a moderator:
So you skipped the queue and ordered one of the one nub Pandoras? What did you do to fix it?

cbox said:
So you skipped the queue and ordered one of the one nub Pandoras? What did you do to fix it?
I used a can of compressed air but dont think that did too much.I set both nubs as mouse and moved it about then I reset the nub in the nub settings.I did this a few times over the course of the day.After calibrating the nubs during start up it started working fully(hope it lasts)That was up,then release and return to centre,down,release to centre and so on.Just kept mucking about with it.It initially felt scratchy.

Glad it's working well for you. Good to see another Irish person on the forum. (I don't post here regularly so I guess I missed you before and don't know if there are other Irish members)

Yeah i think someone from dublin posted once.You can include location info below your avatar.Like mine.Good to see your posts.

deise said:
^ another Irish person here, still waiting for my Pandora
Its worth the wait.In my opinion.good to see other irish on here.

wrath of khan: I'm sorry to play the punctuation nazi here, but I'm finding it difficult to read your text. Please insert spaces after commas, periods, etc. Thank you.

Back