Quick Pandora Review

andmaz

No issues yet with emulators - you just have to read the instructions to know the key presses needed to load roms etc.

Mame4all works great as does PC Engine emulation so good infact that a Pandora 2 is only needed just because you cannot have too much power.

Basically this device is bloody awesome and OPT should be very proud of what they have achieved!

Dpad and nubs awesome - those nubs are extremely useful. WOW

My god what did I do before my Pandora arrived today? How did I manage without it? It is that good but it is not for everyone - you need to think about what you are doing and read the forums for tips etc.

Need to sleep now then Mame on journey to work I think!

w0000000t~ :lol:

Tonari_no_Totoro_animated_gif_by_namieiku.gif

Congratulations!!! You finally received your Pandora! I remember you always mentioning to me via pm that it hasn't arrived yet.

Nice little review. I'm really happy for you, man. :D

bs13690-83559-albums-animated-gifs-pic44334-kirby-celebration-gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is if they are available then go premium and get one now!!!!

I did not take that advice and now wish I had - got one now so all very very good - the screen the stylus etc etc all work wonderfully together.

Web browsers some times crash but they allow recovery so no problem - this is what I signed up for.

Have a lot of fun with your new Pandora and get some other webbrowser from repo.openpandora.org to solve the crashes while browsing!

Congrats on getting hold of one :)

I find firefox/chromium pretty decent with a swap partition/file but off to check out the newer midori and babypanda browser!
biggrin.gif

..Quake 2 runs like a dream and the nubs are out of this world on that game.

SNES, Megadrive etc etc run great - I expect some roms not to run or have problems.

Outrun on MAME4ALL is the business.

I would recommend that new users download yoshis_pandora_emulator_pack_v05 - copy the it to an SD card and away you go (add roms etc).

Hakmanplayer was right in his Youtube rant - he just got it the wrong way round;

"OPT beware!!!!! - there are people out there who despite everything discussed in the forums still think this device is mass market and easy to use (just turn it on and play lol)"

I have yet to find anything that has caused a problem that could not be resolved with a little effort.

Quake 2 locks up for me if overclocked above 700 whilst emulators run fine at 900.

The whole experience has made me change my mind on preordering again in the future as far as OPT are concerned - I said a few months back that I would never do it again but on seeing the results I would happily preorder a Pandora 2 today!

Back