pandora review on tweetermanreviews

I know this topic is 2 years old, but I just thought I could add to this. I like tweeterman, even though I don't watch him anymore. BUT he always felt like a knockoff version of Ashens. and his review of the Pandora was not very good. It doesn't sound like he gave it a chance. Again, I think he was trying to be like Ashens, how Ashens can sometimes exaggerate for a comedy appeal and make things sound worse than they actually are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably starting a new topic would be more helpful than grave robbing
I'm mixed on that subject... As much as I hate grave digging, I hate having multiple like topics floating around.

Majin Wamu was on topic and had something to add.. It's not like he just posted "+1" or "I agree" to a 2 year old topic.

I know this topic is 2 years old, but I just thought I could add to this. I like tweeterman, even thought I don't watch him anymore. BUT he always felt like a knockoff version of Ashens. and his review of the Pandora was not very good. It doesn't sound like he gave it a chance. Again, I thinkj he was trying to be like Ashens, how Ashens can sometimes exaggerate for a comedy appeal and make things sound worse than they actually are.
I found his Pandora review on YouTube and commented on it.  He said he didn't know Linux and didn't want to learn.  That statement alone was enough to convince me that the Pandora was not for him.  He really shouldn't be reviewing the product.  If someone were to buy a Windows laptop and say "I don't want to learn Windows... so it sucks", what would we think of the review?

He said he didn't know Linux and didn't want to learn. That statement alone was enough to convince me that the Pandora was not for him.
I'm not sure I really agree with the last bit.

I'd never used Linux before getting the Pandora and I still haven't. I'm perfectly able to use the Pandora without any knowledge of Linux. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the Pandora or that I feel I'm missing out by not knowing (or particularly wanting to learn) anything about Linux. What I'm really trying to say is that you don't have to be an artist to enjoy art. A lack of Linux knowledge doesn't automatically mean a bad review. Perhaps knowledge would enhance the experience, but it's not necessary.

(From the quote above) I'm presuming that rather than not wanting to learn about Linux, I'm speculating that he didn't actually want to learn how to use the Pandora. Perhaps he just thought it would be a GBA style handheld with a cute keyboard. Just put a ROM onto an SD card and all would be great. Obviously it's not.

However that's just me theorizing. Dunno.

He said he didn't know Linux and didn't want to learn. That statement alone was enough to convince me that the Pandora was not for him.
I'm not sure I really agree with the last bit.

I'd never used Linux before getting the Pandora and I still haven't. I'm perfectly able to use the Pandora without any knowledge of Linux. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the Pandora or that I feel I'm missing out by not knowing (or particularly wanting to learn) anything about Linux. What I'm really trying to say is that you don't have to be an artist to enjoy art. A lack of Linux knowledge doesn't automatically mean a bad review. Perhaps knowledge would enhance the experience, but it's not necessary.

(From the quote above) I'm presuming that rather than not wanting to learn about Linux, I'm speculating that he didn't actually want to learn how to use the Pandora. Perhaps he just thought it would be a GBA style handheld with a cute keyboard. Just put a ROM onto an SD card and all would be great. Obviously it's not.

However that's just me theorizing. Dunno.
I don't mean learn Linux in terms of sitting down and studying it inside out... just enough to get the basics and navigate around the system in the same way an end user would for a Windows laptop.  To use a Windows laptop, you don't need to learn all there is to know about Windows, but you need to have the desire to fiddle with it enough to learn the basics of the system... and tweeterman didn't want to do that.

Thing is, if you know Windows, you already know how to use a Pandora. And it sounds like he couldn't even be bothered to do that :/

I knew what you meant, but I was just expanding on it :)

I found his Pandora review on YouTube and commented on it. He said he didn't know Linux and didn't want to learn. That statement alone was enough to convince me that the Pandora was not for him. He really shouldn't be reviewing the product. If someone were to buy a Windows laptop and say "I don't want to learn Windows... so it sucks", what would we think of the review?
Yep :) but I couldn't tell if you were agreeing with me or disagreeing with me because I thought I was saying the same thing. oh well.

I found his Pandora review on YouTube and commented on it. He said he didn't know Linux and didn't want to learn. That statement alone was enough to convince me that the Pandora was not for him. He really shouldn't be reviewing the product. If someone were to buy a Windows laptop and say "I don't want to learn Windows... so it sucks", what would we think of the review?
Yep :) but I couldn't tell if you were agreeing with me or disagreeing with me because I thought I was saying the same thing. oh well.
I saw your post on there.  :)    I didn't think we were saying the quite same thing (unless there was another post by you that I missed... if so, I apologize)... but I didn't see where there was any disagreement.   :)   I thought we were both saying the Pandora is a good product in different ways. 

I can see what customer base he represents. At the time the Pandora came out there wasn't any really good 16/32bit emulation devices out there. There were some that did the job but always lacked in something. For that kind of person, who I can really relate, I felt he was spot on. Maybe he wasn't needing a Linux PC as much as he was looking for a pocket emulator. He's the kind of person that probably prefers a nvidia shield.

Back