pandora review on tweetermanreviews

Balanced reporting is an apparently lost skill in this day and age. At least, in America it is...ever watched FOX News for example?

Now, on the other hand, if I want real news, I try to find the BBC.

The problem is...with so many channels...and so many news networks...everyone can exist in a bubble of like-minded people only...where their opinions are validated, opposing opinions rejected, scoffed, or not even brought up at all...you can watch news tailor-made to fit your own personal prejudices, and never be called upon to consider an opposing point of view. (Not so in the good old days of Brinkley and Huntley, and Rather, and Kronkite.)

The same is true on the Internet...with blogs and "reviews" - nothing to tell you if the person running that blog is qualified to be a "reviewer" and one who would give an unbiased opinion of the device.

Now, were I to give a review of the Pandy to be disseminated by the public -

I would make a list of the type of people it was for...and the type of people it was NOT for.

I would list all it's positive points, and any negative points.

I would be very careful to emphasize that this device IS NOT FOR EVERYONE...it is NOT simply a plug-and-play device where all you have to do is put in gas and it goes....you HAVE to have some knowledge of how to use what is available.

To that end...if you want to LEARN...this is also a good device, because of the supportive community surrounding it...help is readily available for those who ask for it. This IS something of a niche device, yes...but I do not think some reviewers are being very fair about their review...they are reviewing more on a subjective rather than objective basis - and that has become a very bad habit in many forms of journalism - the tendency to report from a subjective...rather than objective view.

Somebody should "review" tweeterman...and grade him based on his ability to actually give an OBJECTIVE review.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone should 'review' tweeterman by 'explaining' that they are an illiterate luddite, therefore tweeterman is a gormless moron.

Now, on the other hand, if I want real news, I try to find the BBC.
If you want balanced news DO NOT watch the BBC. The BBC have been terribly biased for quite some time - reporting one thing but completely neglecting another, or putting their own spin on things. And what they do report is often inaccurate or is missing detail.

The BBC can't even locate the capital of Wales correctly -

O0Gzu.png

Watch multiple news channels and you are more likely to get more of the whole story.

Excuse me for being a ( slightly ) ignorant American ( were to busy stuffing our faces with McDonalds and stuffing our noses into other country's business while our own economy is barely recovering ) but what is the capital of Whales ?

Someone switched Cardiff with Swansea

wales-road-map.jpg

Whoops!!

Well, Cardiff, I believe, would be the capital of Wales.

Certainly, for a long time, it was the center of the Welsh economy, as a coal-mining center.

Well, BBC doesn't seem biased...not by a long shot...compared with FOX News here in the States.

I personally call it FAUX News....or FOX Noise.

Once around the time of the release of the 3ds they ( fox news ) devoted about 10 minutes telling people not to buy the 3ds AT ALL because of its ability to cause eye problems for children under 6 . Despite Nintendo posting a warning ON THE GOD FLIPPING BOX to use parental controls to lock 3d for children under this age . Besides I believe the average parent at the time of the 3dss' launch would have opted for buying their 6 year old a dsi due to the price difference

Having watched Doctor Who and Torchwood, I knew that Cardiff was the capital of Wales. I also learned that it is an epicentre of paranormal activity. I wish to visit one day.

Once around the time of the release of the 3ds they ( fox news ) devoted about 10 minutes telling people not to buy the 3ds AT ALL because of its ability to cause eye problems for children under 6 . Despite Nintendo posting a warning ON THE GOD FLIPPING BOX to use parental controls to lock 3d for children under this age . Besides I believe the average parent at the time of the 3dss' launch would have opted for buying their 6 year old a dsi due to the price difference
Yeah...but do you know how many people would read...or heed...a warning on a box?

Seriously, you're talking about AMERICANS here!! (and being as I am, myself, an American...I'm ALLOWED to bang on my fellow countrymen!)

And if I were a parent, I'd NEVER buy my 6 year old child a 3DS OR EVEN A DSi...OR anything BOTH EXPENSIVE AND BREAKABLE!

I know I'm an American too . I'm also a child . Boy that stings ;)/> . I do see where your coming from . If I were a parent ( never gonna to be one . Gonna be the uncle that drops by sisters place and give her kids a bag of m80s ) but if I were I'd give kids a gameboy ( get em started on retro gaming early AND give them a impossible to break system ) .

I know I'm an American too . I'm also a child . Boy that stings ;)/> . I do see where your coming from . If I were a parent ( never gonna to be one . Gonna be the uncle that drops by sisters place and give her kids a bag of m80s ) but if I were I'd give kids a gameboy ( get em started on retro gaming early AND give them a impossible to break system ) .
Amen. A nice Gameboy....or even a GBA...those are pretty tough to break, too.

41 now. Never been a parent. Never wanted to be one, either. I just got my doggie kids, and those are the only ones I want.

Now, don't get me wrong, I got nothing against kids...I love to borrow my friends kids from time to time. But I get to send them home when I've had enough of them.

Amen. A nice Gameboy....or even a GBA...those are pretty tough to break, too.

41 now. Never been a parent. Never wanted to be one, either. I just got my doggie kids, and those are the only ones I want.

Now, don't get me wrong, I got nothing against kids...I love to borrow my friends kids from time to time. But I get to send them home when I've had enough of them.
Xactly , plus you don't have to give " the talk " either .

.I love to borrow my friends kids from time to time. But I get to send them home when I've had enough of them.
That's just what Jimmy Savile used to say :p (J/K!!!)

But it's true!!
We don't know that - he's not here to defend himself. He probably would have denied it - true or not. It's terrible that whatever may have happened was covered up until it was too late, however it's good that those that are still alive are being questioned about their possible involvement. Hopefully this will act as a deterrent to any sick feckers out there that think it's ok to fiddle with kiddies.

Shit. didn't realize what you were talking about.

I missed the joke completely, because I had no idea who this sick fecker was.

I was saying it's true that you get to send them home when you have had enough of them.

The way I do it is like being a grandparent without ever having had to go thru being a parent first. I get to spoil them and then send them the feck home to mommy and daddy - let THEM deal with the kicking and screaming and whiling, and the expense and hassle...and I just get the enjoyment of spending a few hours with their kids, at the park or whatever...get them an ice-cream and not worry if it spoils their dinner...ya know what I'm sayin?

Seriously, I never wanted kids...because I always believed in the Mother Curse. You knwo the Mother Curse, right?

"I hope you have SIX kids...JUST LIKE YOU!!"

Heck, I wouldn't want even ONE like me!! LOL!! I was a fecking terror as a child!

Hell, I WAS Rosemary's Baby!! Really. My mom's name is Rosemary. LOL.

Back