[ New Pandora Use ] Mer operating system technology demostration.

cxl000

Still Fresh
This image contains an operating system based on Mer with a number of updated packages

systemd 208

Qt 5.2.1

wayland/weston 1.4.0

QtWayland

This is not a fully integrated desktop system so will not be very exciting to end users as it is configured to boot to the command line.

I have had numerous failures trying to upload to openpandora.org so the image can be downloded from

http://images.formeego.org/n810/pandora_mer.raw.zip

unzip the uploaded image and copy to the disk.

This will give an 8Gb raw disk image so you will need a SD card of at least 8Gb.

load the SD card into the first slot.

Add the following entry to your bootmenu.txt file

Boot to Mer (kernel 3.2.53)|setenv bootargs 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rw rootdelay=2 vram=6272K omapfb.vram=0:3000K mmc_core.r
emovable=0 quiet'; ext2load mmc 0:1 ${loadaddr} /boot/uImage-3.2.53sz160fb && bootm ${loadaddr}

and reboot into Mer.

The root and mer users have password mer.

login as root

1GHz pandora users will need to switch graphics drivers: run /usr/bin/sgx-select 4.03.00.02_1.6.16_3977

You can start weston with

weston --backend=fbdev-backend.so

click on the terminal icon to get a terminal

The weston programs are installed see /usr/bin/weston-*

You can exit weston with crt-alt-backspace

Qt5 applications can be run in weston with the addition of the option: -platform wayland

or on the console with option: -platform eglfs

For a simple demo app of a rotating mer logo

cd /home/mer/minimer

qmlscene -platform wayland main.qml

I have also include some pandora classic compatibility libraries and extracted a sample PND

cd /mnt/utmp/supertux-1

./supertux

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks! I'm excited to see what people do with this. Will have to try it out when I have time.

This image includes a build environment. However if you have a large build you are probably better using the image as a chroot on linux.

Download this script http://pastie.org/8753260 to pnd_enterimage

sudo sh pnd_enterimage <path to image> <mount dir>

if you need addition development packages

zypper se package

sudo zypper in package

Back