New Renderings: Hires And Pandora-res With Size Comparison

Warmfluffy - great renders, but it looks like the power light will be hidden when the unit is closed.....

Here's an updated D-Pad

Pandora23.jpg

That D-pad looks like it will "cut into" your thumb during use. Is that the D-pad that will be on the final unit?

yeah i was going to ask about the d pad too. is there a picture of the actual pad that will be used anywhere?

Peter R said:
That D-pad looks like it will "cut into" your thumb during use. Is that the D-pad that will be on the final unit?
And here's yet another revision of the D-Pad:

Pandora25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Pandora looks good. But in closed state, it looks just to much like NDS lite. Maybe a small change of the upper, outer case design could seperate booth Designs clearly? I had a Quick Idea with a flat rounded edges surface, something like this:

fppandoradeckelki9.jpg

I have no Idea how it would look at the Device. Maybe someone could redner a Pandora with such a shape of the upper shell?

Oh, and because the Design of the Keyboard is not clearly visible from all the renders I wonder, if the keyboard is plane with the surface or if the buttons really stay out of the surface? I would prefer a "plane" soulution of the design, prevents from unwanted button pushes to and looks more clean, here a rough chematic scribble of what I'm talking about:

tastenpositionbd2.gif

fusion_power said:
Our Pandora looks good. But in closed state, it looks just to much like NDS lite. Maybe a small change of the upper, outer case design could seperate booth Designs clearly? I had a Quick Idea with a flat rounded edges surface, something like this:
Didn't I hear that round edges and corners would take up too much space, so the unit would have to be bigger altogether to have them?
And I quite like the clean - box look :)

pandora said:
fusion_power said:
Didn't I hear that round edges and corners would take up too much space, so the unit would have to be bigger altogether to have them?
And I quite like the clean - box look :)

No, no! Don't look at the round edges at the corners, thats unimportant on that scribble. I just meant the TOP shape, the flat roundings of the upper case. (side view) ;)

Precisely, I'm pretty sure you would have to increase the thickness of the top for it to be that curved shape

fusion_power said:
Both of those would make the unit itself bigger. I doubt there's terribly much space left inside it, at least not enough to lower the entire keyboard into it without making it taller alltogether. The lid would probably also have to be thicker in order to curve it like that as I imagine they need the space they have at the edges...

Of course, this is just me guessing.

Peter R said:
How about a pad like the one below? Would be pretty good I think.
pandpad.png

DaveC said:
Peter R said:
How about a pad like the one below? Would be pretty good I think.
pandpad.png

Oh, hello rounded Saturn pad. lol

(so yes, it would be good ;) )

pandora said:
Precisely, I'm pretty sure you would have to increase the thickness of the top for it to be that curved shape
And I'm sure you can keep the current thickness. ;) The LCD isn't as big as the lid and the hinge shouldn't be a problem to.
But the more interesting question is, do people like such a design? It was just an Idea for seperating the Design of the closed Pandora from the closed NDS Lite. ^^ (I don't think, just an "PANDORA" logo ontop can do this job )

Same with the keyboard. IF there is space into the unit, maybe the keys could be plane with the surface of the case. I don't know if only the available space is the reason, why the keyboard stays out of the unit. I don't see advantages of this.

But again, it was just a Idea. :D

Oh, am I the only one who don't like cross-shaped D-Pads? :huh:
I would prefer a more round Design without such a dominant cross Shape. And I still would like to see a option to screw in a small arcade stick-thing into the D-Pad. ;)

fusion_power said:
pandora said:
And I'm sure you can keep the current thickness. ;) The LCD isn't as big as the lid and the hinge shouldn't be a problem to.
But the more interesting question is, do people like such a design? It was just an Idea for seperating the Design of the closed Pandora from the closed NDS Lite. ^^ (I don't think, just an "PANDORA" logo ontop can do this job )

Same with the keyboard. IF there is space into the unit, maybe the keys could be plane with the surface of the case. I don't know if only the available space is the reason, why the keyboard stays out of the unit. I don't see advantages of this.

But again, it was just a Idea. :D

Oh, am I the only one who don't like cross-shaped D-Pads? :huh:
I would prefer a more round Design without such a dominant cross Shape. And I still would like to see a option to screw in a small arcade stick-thing into the D-Pad. ;)

The actual curve may or may not be a problem, but okay, whatever. Think of it like this. People ask what you're playing on your DS, and halfway through their question, they realize, "WAIT, THAT HAS A FRICKIN' KEYBOARD." It'll get people asking questions about it.

Also, yes, I think you may be the only one ever who doesn't like cross-shaped dpads. lol

Back