New Scumm 1.1.0 Released

Ravippe

Still Fresh
Look on the scumm vm homepage, theres a new version for the GP2X

but not the wiz!

I tried it and couldn't get it working!

someone make it work
My link

Yes, I second that, why aren't we getting nightly builds? Wiz needs more SCUMMVM, and if Rex Nebular becomes playable on this I'll give you a kiss.

I think that DJWillis is the maintainer for the gp2x wiz version of scummvm and he's propably busy with pandoras stuff at the moment.

fettouhi said:
I think that DJWillis is the maintainer for the gp2x wiz version of scummvm and he's propably busy with pandoras stuff at the moment.

That is correct - I contacted DJWillis a while ago about making some changes to the Wiz port as I found the Wiz port's control scheme to be very unusable (for me, at any rate) and he mentioned that he'd like to do updates, but he's just super busy with both general ScummVM stuff (they're doing a massive rebuild of ScummVM's entire code tree so that game engines are plugin-based) as well as with Pandora stuff and general life stuff.

As a result, the Wiz port just doesn't get the time and attention that it needs, due to a relatively small community compared to other platforms. If anyone can code (I can't, regrettably) perhaps they should contact him about assisting in maintaining it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope to see a scummvm version for the wiz wich doesn't have graphic bug.

I just read this post from DJWillis on the ScummVM forum here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=8777

Re: GP2X Wiz port still stuck on 1.0.0?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by marzipan
Is there any particular problem that's preventing this from being synced up-to-date with the GP2X Fx00 version?

I'm aware there are SVN builds, but then I don't know if those are Wiz-compatible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately it is as simple as it gets, my Wiz was a pre-release unit that has recently decided to die and it has taken me a little time to rustle up the cash to grab a new one (and I am still waiting for it to arrive).

There are 1.1.1 builds for the Wiz but I am not comfortable releasing something that I have not been able to test myself (to many bad experiences doing blind releases in the past and nasty bugs slipping in). My plan is to get it tested and checked over as soon as I get the new Wiz and get the release out.

If you want I don't mind uploading an untested build to the forum but what I wanted to avoid was these untested builds being treated as 1.1.1.

Hopefully we'll get a new version soon. :)
Or an untested version. (I'm not a member of the ScummVM forum so I can't ask for one) :(

Cheers, Neil

Hopefully we'll get a 1.1.1 build next week according to DJWillis' blog here: http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=89 :)

Cheers, Neil

Back