New Squidgesnes & Picodrive Are Out

I see, thanks a lot Amon_Re and Epicenter for your answers, I've been asking about this since PSX4ALL was first ported :)

sehs33 posted on Dec 5 2006 at 10:52 AM said:
I would prefer a fully playable mega cd emulator without sound at all then having one frame lost to get sound, SNES on the GP32 was almost playable, but there was a lot of time wasted over sound that would have been better if it was used to enhance the speed.
I know that some people will disagree with me, and that developers work for free, and so they should enjoy what they are doing, I know that they have hope in making any emulator they create fully playable with sound, but for "Heavy" emulators like mega cd, it will be enough for me to have the best graphics without any sounds, and although I have a 4 GB SD card, but I prefer having tons of games on it instead of three or four big games only.
Just an opinion ;)

An emulator without sound is a waste of time to me. No sound no play. I don't watch movies with no sound and subtitles, and I wouldn't do it for games either. Especially since many times Emulators are about nostalgia. Since I remember playing those old games with *sound*, playing silent would totally ruin it.

To me Mega CD would be a huge waste of time to make if it is silent. A complete SNES emu makes much more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 5 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
To me Mega CD would be a huge waste of time to make if it is silent. A complete SNES emu makes much more sense.

I have to agree with that, if it's impossible to emulate without the soundtracks playing, then it wouldn't be worth it, some games aren't even playable without the soundtrack (the naration in Popfull Mail & Lunar would be missing, leaving you with big holes in the plot to fill up)

g4m3r posted on Dec 4 2006 at 06:14 AM said:
Yay, save confirmation! I got really pissed off when I accidentally saved right when I died with no lives or continues, at the final stage in Sonic 2 :(

HAHAHA, I had the same problem in Lemmings in cca 30th level. :D

epitaph posted on Dec 5 2006 at 06:46 PM said:
Snatcher is enough of a reason for Sega CD.
But without incredible music is not enough for me.

using the new squidge and found out that mario all sars and super return of the jedi do not work any more.

Any ideas wh?

just to say that on the new squidge final fantasy 3/6 has glitchy stuttery music again so i went back down to previous version.

sorry to gripe :(

Jesus Christ. I think I had Squidgesnes 0.37 before updating to this release. When the hell did it get so fast? Many of my games play fullspeed now. With sound.

Volt posted on Dec 5 2006 at 09:32 PM said:
Jesus Christ. I think I had Squidgesnes 0.37 before updating to this release. When the hell did it get so fast? Many of my games play fullspeed now. With sound.

Notaz came on board with v0.39.

Volt posted on Dec 5 2006 at 09:32 PM said:

Same, I came up from 0.37. Notaz you gem. :D [plays]

I got the new version of Squidgesnes finally loaded yesterday and played Lufia 2... OCed to 280mHz and it runs FLAWLESSLY. Sound, graphics, everything is amazing. I wish I had money so I could donate for this. Anyway, I have to get back to the game... Lufia 2 won't play itself, you know :)

Somewhere along the line Super Back To The Future 2 stopped working too. I think it was a couple of versions ago, used to work great and now I get a black screen. Mediocre game but I've always loved BTTF.

Tootai posted on Dec 7 2006 at 12:13 PM said:
Somewhere along the line Super Back To The Future 2 stopped working too. I think it was a couple of versions ago, used to work great and now I get a black screen. Mediocre game but I've always loved BTTF.

I used to love that game :) Crazy.

Anyway, try finding another version of the rom (you know, with different tages on the end, [!]. [f], [h] etc) -- one of them may work for you...

Back