Red Alert! - Gp2x File Archive Is Out?!

Actually all of gp2x.de is down. I don't know what color of Alert that would be, but it is my conjecture that it is 'greater' or 'larger' than Alarm Red. Further bulletins as events warrant.

Paradox posted on Sep 17 2006 at 04:25 PM said:

DEFCON 1: Maximum force readiness.
DEFCON 2: Increased force readiness (less than maximum).
DEFCON 3: Increased force readiness.
DEFCON 4: Peacetime; Increased intelligence; Strengthened security measures.
DEFCON 5: Peacetime. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon is working on fixing it, it is just a problem with the server, nothing sinister :)

Epicenter posted on Sep 17 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
Actually all of gp2x.de is down. I don't know what color of Alert that would be, but it is my conjecture that it is 'greater' or 'larger' than Alarm Red. Further bulletins as events warrant.
According to Red Dwarf, the colour (yes, colour, as we English spell it :)) could be purple; (their red light bulb blew and they only had a purple one left) :p Loved that TV show!

bacteria posted on Sep 17 2006 at 04:22 PM said:
Epicenter posted on Sep 17 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
According to Red Dwarf, the colour (yes, colour, as we English spell it :)) could be purple; (their red light bulb blew and they only had a purple one left) :p Loved that TV show!

This is the one I remember:
"Step up to red alert!" Kryten relies "Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb."

Glad somebody else commented about the site being down, I noticed it was unavailable last night but nobody else mentioned it so thought it must just be me.

MattC

Yeah, short for DEFence CONdition. The usual forshortening of words to the first letters.

Like SITuation REPort. "Give me a SITREP."
NORth American Defence. "Quick, call NORAD"
Strategic Air Command is just shortened to SAC.

Some make perfect sense.

I prefer the colors myself...

Dark green - Fine
Light green
Yellow
Orange
Amber
Bright Red
Dark Red - Anarchy ensues

I thought there was "Bikini Black" in there somewhere? Or is that just for us Brits?

...No I don't know why they have it either...

EDIT: Ah, BIKINI is an alert level like DEFCON for us Brits, it has White, Black, Black Special, Amber and Red.

Back