New Stupid Battery

greenmikey

dancin' to the moldies
Website
Visit site
news02.jpg

yes its a battery with a built in usb plug for charging...

too bad its only 1300 mAh

http://www.usbcell.com/pr/2

Shikaku posted on Sep 19 2006 at 09:10 PM said:
That's really silly...

Agreed.

... damn, I want a set!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm adding that solar charger to my list of items for a d-zerted island :)

those usb-charger batteries look cool but they are only 1300mah, pretty weak. you'd think for the price they'd manage to go deluxe!

I think it would be almost as cool to just have a single battery AA charger that plugs into a USB port...

How is a USB port any more convenient than a wall socket.. wouldn't you need a powered hub anyway to charge those things in a decent amount of time?

subcon959 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 02:45 PM said:
How is a USB port any more convenient than a wall socket.. wouldn't you need a powered hub anyway to charge those things in a decent amount of time?

I think it's more interesting than practical ... They have USB coffee warmers for fuck sake :lol:

(I'm SO getting a USB X-mas tree for my office desk :))

subcon959 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 11:45 AM said:

Well, it means you can charge them anywhere you have access to a computer, I suppose.

Jarska333 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
I have a USB-coffee warmer... Works splendidly.

:lol:

I had a small USB-powered aquarium:

p6932axw1.jpg

But it broke, so I upgraded to a large, 3-gallon one w/ac adapter :D

BOT:

I can see uses for these batteries for remote controls, cordless console controllers, etc.

the 15 min. rechargeables are great for the cortless controllers. And when the run out, you take a brief recess, take a dump maybe, and come back and they're fully charged! It rocks!

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 20 2006 at 04:49 PM said:
the 15 min. rechargeables are great for the cortless controllers. And when the run out, you take a brief recess, take a dump maybe, and come back and they're fully charged! It rocks!
Agreed.

Back