New To Dingoo - Access Internal Flash Memory

Amon_Re

Hi guys,

Just got my Dingoo, and it's a cool little gizmo, with plenty of storage inside, but how does one access the storage? I want to transfer some files to it & toy with it, but i can't seem to mount the internal storage on my linux system, is there a key combo or something required?

Amon_Re said:
Hi guys,

Just got my Dingoo, and it's a cool little gizmo, with plenty of storage inside, but how does one access the storage? I want to transfer some files to it & toy with it, but i can't seem to mount the internal storage on my linux system, is there a key combo or something required?

on my Dingoo the storage was corrupt (the Fat partition table was slightly altered so they don't need to pay the patent for fat32).
i'm guessing you have the same problem, you can mount the partition on linux using:

fdisk -l (get the device from here, remove the [1,2 or 3] from the end so it looks like this sdd, sdb or sde)
mkdir /media/mountpoint
mount /dev/[Device] /media/mountpoint -t vfat
chmod 777 -R /media/mountpoint

you can write to it with root permissions, if you want to use it with plug and play i recommend that you format the partition with gparted.

The real problem is to safely remove the dingoo without it locking up every time requiring a reset.

Last edited by a moderator:
for me, it simply won't automount. I just have to "mount /dev/sdb /mountpoint" where /dev/sdb is the device-name and may vary for you.

Back