new to the GP32, i have some q's

abdul

Still Fresh
hey all,

i am gonna get my self a GP32 for my b'day ( thought i'd treat my self). so any way, i just have a few questions about it before i make a purchase:

1. I am not a computer person( i can surf the net and word prosses and play cs lol)
is it easy to hook the unit to the computer and start downloading roms, etc.

2. are the commercial games any good, do they have an english option?

3. how are the Tubo Grafx 16 and Sega Master System emulaters?

4. can the GP32 use any SMC? or are there ones made especially for the GP32?

thanks

1) easy
2) not sure really..!

3) master system almost perfect. TGx PERFECT.. the only reason gfoe me geetting it..!
4) any smc...!

1. not too hard. try setting up some emulators on your PC so you get a better idea first.

2. no english option, i think... maybe sometime...

3. brill :D

4. 3.3v SMC's up to 128meg... not the 5.something ones...

there's a forum search function in 'my asistant' at the top of the screen if this doesn't help...

:p :D

1. I am not a computer person( i can surf the net and word prosses and play cs lol)
is it easy to hook the unit to the computer and start downloading roms, etc.

Downloading ROMs may be a bit difficult (and don't ask about where to get them here), but hooking it up to the computer shouldn't be too difficult assuming you have Windows 98 or XP.

2. are the commercial games any good, do they have an english option?

Commerical games really show the power of the GP32, yet none of them currently come with an embedded English translation. Her Knight (side-scroll platform game) has an unofficial english patch available.

3. how are the Tubo Grafx 16 and Sega Master System emulaters?

Near perfect. Full speed with sound.

4. can the GP32 use any SMC? or are there ones made especially for the GP32?

GP32 can use 3.3v SMCs, which include 8MB up to 128MB. There are no special GP32 SMCs, but Gamepark reported a very long time ago (may be void now) they were in negotiations for making some.

Also, look at our FAQ here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=1694

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all

i have found where to get the emulaters for the turbo16 and sms. i will just google something like " sega master system roms"

one last q

which should i get the FLU or the non-FLU?

thanks!

actually, I have the game Her Knights, and it is in English. No special patches or anything. The storyline (the most important part of any RPG-like game) is in English, but some of the main menus are in Korean. but it is like 80% or more in English. neat game! :lol:

1. A little difficult 1st time (Installing Drivers Etc) Then its Very Easy
2. I dont bother with commercial games...
3. Perfect :D
4. Any SMC 128MB or Less and 3.3v

Have fun with it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys,for all the great responces

i have it all planned out.

there is a member on another fourm who is selling me a brand new GP32 for $146 shipped. i will order a carrying case and Her Knights from Lik-sang. and i will get any 3.3v from best buy

whoooooooooooooo cant wait till December 2nd

Back