new user needs help!

tconanuk

Still Fresh
I just got GP32 2 days ago, I had plenty of trouble just registering the little fella with the official web site, and was wondering if any one has some advise for me.
I
just got doom working (which am well impressed with!)but thats all i have managed so far, what else is there I can do that is ideal for a newbie?

secondly how can I play divx films?

is there a website with basic tutorials ?

thanks

ps if anyone knows any web links to get game ports would they be kind enough to email me the link, tconanuk@hotmail.com.

there is tutorials but first you will need a player like gpcinema or movie park theses you have to buy there is a free one but it has no sound do you have divx movies or wanting to encode from dvd?

best free game gppang remember super pang

if you want more GP32K@yahoo.com
some people get fed up of the same questions but i like to help if i can :)

tconanuk posted on Aug 31 2003 said:
I just got GP32 2 days ago, I had plenty of trouble just registering the little fella with the official web site, and was wondering if any one has some advise for me.
I
just got doom working (which am well impressed with!)but thats all i have managed so far, what else is there I can do that is ideal for a newbie?

secondly how can I play divx films?

is there a website with basic tutorials ?

thanks

ps if anyone knows any web links to get game ports would they be kind enough to email me the link, tconanuk@hotmail.com.
You can get gameports and stuff on this site, gp32xtreme. What is the problem you are having with registering?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he must have gotten it sorted as he's got Doom onto it.

DivX movies will need to be re-encoded to GP32 screen size and to make them fit onto a 128Meg SMC. Use VirtualDub (search for it) to do this, and then you need to decide how important sound is to you. Unless you're watching Charlie Chaplin or The Keystone Kops (ask your gran! :D ) you'll probably want to pay for a commercial product or wait (perhaps indefinitely) for a freeware player.

If you've got Doom to run, it doesn't look like you need tutorials, mate. Sure, getting emus to work can be fiddly at times, but usually dragging the files into the right folders is enough to sort them out.

I took my GP32 to a barbecue at Billing Aquadrome at the weekend, and all my mates there were impressed with the Atari ST emulation (most of them had Amigas back in the day, but respect the fact that a handheld now has orders of magnitude more power than their most hated enemy of the time). I guess it depends on how old you are, and what your first gaming system was.

C64? Go for Frodo.
ST? CaSTaway.
The final version of one of the Snes emus has just been released, but it really pushes the GP32 a bit too hard to play the fast paced beat and shoot em ups, though rpgs are fine.

Loads of emulators abound, but be forewarned, getting hold of software which you don't own (aka Roms) is illegal and you won't get answers if you post questions on getting them anywhere.

ColinR posted on Sep 1 2003 said:
The final version of one of the Snes emus has just been released, but it really pushes the GP32 a bit too hard to play the fast paced beat and shoot em ups, though rpgs are fine.
But now with this new and great 166MhZ patch, it runs everything (including mario kart) full speed w/o sound FS2-4 (according to me which has never had a real SNES :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back