New users, say hello

DUDE, You're getting a Pandora!

dell-practice-fusion.jpg

That's good..... I'm speechless.....

I must be getting older... I did not see that coming....

AND the pandora is way better than a XXXX, anyway.....

YES!

hi newbie here, patiently waiting for my batch 2 pandora. looking forward to getting into some hacking more than gaming.

Hi, I'm a long-time GP32X user but I should hopefully be getting a Pandora soon, so I registered here. :) Nice to meet you guys.

Hello all.

I've been lurking unregistered since summer 2009. I found out about the Pandora accidentally, by googling 'Pandora' when I meant to go to Pandora Radio directly. It looked like exactly the portable device I'd always wanted, right when I was thinking of settling for something less.

I didn't buy it at first - it was still in planning, it looked serious, but there were people crying vaporware, and I was cautious. But then there were pictures of boards, then videos of them functioning, and with the research I'd already done I decided to jump in!

I don't think I've bothered to ask about my queue position, but I'm guessing closer to the end - a few people weren't certain if orders were still open at that point, but it also seems like there was a lull in orders during that time.

I've watched all the anticipation, stress, angst, projects, and developments, and then the first customers recieve their units...I've had dreams about the device, and read I'm not alone in that.

I've been patient, though, and not once have I felt like withdrawing my order. Really, I've been waiting for something like this my whole life, and didn't know if I'd get even close without building something myself. And I have had full faith in this team for quite a while since my order.

So finally I stick my head out, in the wordy way I usually join forums, which is rare these days.

In short (too late!): Hi!

Plus, a little more about me and my interest in this project:

-I've run linux for almost 5 years now, most of that exclusive, with only a few relapses into the crashy and virus-infested world of windows.

-I script, more as a tinkerer, though I intend to do something serious. I'm currently figuring out pygame and building a library to make the code more comfortable for me.

-I love computers. They do pretty much everything audio, video, and math, and that's a lot. I mostly browse. listen to music, draw, and (try to) code, but I've also dabbled in music making, and I'm starting to work on animation.

-I've been loathe to buy portable devices. For awhile I envied people with mp3 players. Then iphones. I almost got an iphone, then almost a droid...but they're all either physically limited or locked down. Even when you jailbreak them, their interface is limited, and their hardware difficult to deal with.

-The pandora is what I wanted. Almost equivalent to a device I gave a sci-fi character, except for a few gamey twists. Regardless of power, it's a computer in your pocket.

I can't wait to get my Pandora. I haven't been able to wait this whole time - yet I can, and have. This is going to be awesome.

Anyway. Sorry for the long ramble! Hello!

Hi !

I ordered my Pandora last July, but I got my Pandora this week ( one of the refurbished ones sold on ebay ).

I'm used to play Wiz, Dingoo, Caanoo and other handhelds. The Pandora is just the best I've seen for the moment.

Happy to be here ;)

(sorry for my english :)

Hi :)

I just ordered a pandora from batch two. Cant wait to recieve it and get playing N64 games on the go. Im hoping the emulation will be pretty smooth by the time it arrives. I saw a youtube vid of early DC emulation. Man that would rock.

Hi!

I'm new here...

Hope to get my pandora in the next few weeks. Already a member of the German board.

Cheers,

stophle

Hey, another new member here...I Ordered from batch 2 so I could be waiting a nice 2 months like I've heard before or a shocking 2 years... I'm so impatient,need it NOW... Do you people reckon that if you gave a nice donation you would get knocked a few notches up the queue.. If so I would definitely do that and I bet many others would too. ;)

Hi,

i`m completely new to forums.....waiting patiently for my pandora i`m around 3500+ so only a couple of months to go.

nice to meet you guys :lol:

Hey, another new member here...I Ordered from batch 2 so I could be waiting a nice 2 months like I've heard before or a shocking 2 years... I'm so impatient,need it NOW... Do you people reckon that if you gave a nice donation you would get knocked a few notches up the queue.. If so I would definitely do that and I bet many others would too. ;)
You NEVER have to wait more than Two Months

(but sometimes several times)

Hello, I'm Ernesto, and I received my Pandora on Jan 21st. First thing I did was trying some pnd's; second thing I installed the firefox angstrom package plus the ti.com libflashplayer. Now downloading the ver 5 beta image and moving the system on a sd card for some more rootfs space. I'm also using a Nokia n900, which has several similarities with the Pandora as you know.

Hello. I was on the other board, but I never had much to say as life gets in the way of a lot of online things. I ordered the first day of pre-orders. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Anyhow, I got my shipping notice a couple days ago, and so now I have renewed interest in the forums. I'm really glad to see that things are finally starting to move!

Cheers and I look forward to being part of the community!

~ Dave

Hello! I'm a looong time lurker, and I've been watching the project since the GP2X days. I'm a first-dayer, and I just got my shipping email two days ago, so I decided it was time to post here. I think I have a few posts on gp32x...

I must say, it's absolutely fantastic to see all these new guys coming out of the woodwork and joining in with the community. The community is what makes the Pandora great. So welcome, and I hope some of you have something to contribute (and I hope I don't prove myself hypocritical in that statement) :)

I'm new here! My hubby was originally getting a Pandora for himself, but we ended up ordering an "instant Pandora" so I will now have my very own :) . I'm really excited to receive it! I have been lurking around here for months and I especially enjoyed ED's video a day, learning what all the Pandora can do. I'm looking forward to using ScummVM to play classic Sierra games and also C64 emulation. :)

Until I get my Pandora, I'll continue playing games on my other gadgets, including PS3, 360, Wii, DSi and PSPgo :) . Currently playing Ghost Trick on the DS, which is a great game, highly recommended!

Hello there!

I received my Pandora about a week and a half ago so I thought I'd better stop lurking...

To all you people who are waiting for one: Don't worry - it's worth the wait!

Even another Two Months.

The battery life is impressive. Emulation of older computers seems very natural using the keyboard.

The nubs work very well. It also fits snuggly into my jacket pocket.

As a Linux user I'm totally geeking out.

It's a hackers/tinkerers dream. I can't actually believe it arrived.. :)

I need to stop playing Rocksndiamonds and try to contribute in some way...

Hello there!

I received my Pandora about a week and a half ago so I thought I'd better stop lurking...

To all you people who are waiting for one: Don't worry - it's worth the wait!

Even another Two Months.

The battery life is impressive. Emulation of older computers seems very natural using the keyboard.

The nubs work very well. It also fits snuggly into my jacket pocket.

As a Linux user I'm totally geeking out.

It's a hackers/tinkerers dream. I can't actually believe it arrived.. :)

I need to stop playing Rocksndiamonds and try to contribute in some way...

Welcome! Any recommendations emulationwise?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back