New VIA APC - Rasberry Pi now has competition

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Saw this on Engadget, I thought Rasberry Pi would be the only device in this category for a while, seems it now has competition.

I wonder how many more of these will come out. The more competition the better I say.

There site says pre-orders will start soon with deliveries in early July

To big for me to use though , it's 170mm x 92mm. If i'm not mistaken the Pi is smaller

http://www.engadget....roid-barebones/

apcissmallandroidpc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the power connector and the specs. It's going to be a bit more juice hungry (nothing like an desktop or Mobile CPU, though; I have a couple of Via C3 chips at 1ghz and they were pretty good for their day in terms of power usage, yet not exactly performant)

Another interesting option here : $74 Android 4 mini PC

Along with the usual Engrish :

MK802 is our latest researched ,which the volum is the smallest volume Google TV player
in the world ,it use current the most advanced ARM cortex-A8 core processor in the mobile internet equipment. With 3D graphical processor ,collacate 512M DDR3 high-capacity Memory ,With intrepid performance,Comparable to desktop computer and with high speed operational capability ,Will show you fluent HD video and game experience !at the same time ,it use Google the latest Android 4.0 operation system ,not only for the system stability ,but also you can installation freely and use Google market ,Millions of applications programs ,games ,certainly ,if installation efficient 2.4G slim wireless mouse or keyboard ,you may Surf the internet, read variety of news ,working, chat , blog ...... immediately upgrade your hall to front the digital.

Anyone planning to immediately upgrade your hall to front the digital?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another interesting option here : $74 Android 4 mini PC

Along with the usual Engrish :

MK802 is our latest researched ,which the volum is the smallest volume Google TV player
in the world ,it use current the most advanced ARM cortex-A8 core processor in the mobile internet equipment. With 3D graphical processor ,collacate 512M DDR3 high-capacity Memory ,With intrepid performance,Comparable to desktop computer and with high speed operational capability ,Will show you fluent HD video and game experience !at the same time ,it use Google the latest Android 4.0 operation system ,not only for the system stability ,but also you can installation freely and use Google market ,Millions of applications programs ,games ,certainly ,if installation efficient 2.4G slim wireless mouse or keyboard ,you may Surf the internet, read variety of news ,working, chat , blog ...... immediately upgrade your hall to front the digital.

Anyone planning to immediately upgrade your hall to front the digital?

I'm finding it very hard to believe the specs on that thing, it seems to awesome to be true, especially considering it's size.

I'm also feeling rather depressed about my low tech hallway. I absolutely need to upgrade it to front the digital.

Me too, I need to upgrade my hall and front the digital.

Looks like there are going to be plenty of these type devices to chose from soon enough.

I was looking into a Google or an Android TV Player recently but didn't see one that was good enough and cheap enough, maybe this is what I have been looking for.

I'd love to use one of these type of devices as a media player / emulator player through my TV but it seems like there will be quite a few which may fragment development.

I have a dead C64 converted to a USB keyboard I was going to stick a raspberry pi inside, think this might be a better option purely for the reason the connectors are all on one side. I shall find something silly to house the pi instead like a case made of pastry...

Back