New Xbox 360 Pics.

they shouldn't be releasing anything yet. Its so obvious that this generation of consoles hasn't reached close to what it could achieve. I mean what was the gap between the SNES and the N64, seven eight years? And now its beeen pushed back to what, five? That sucks.

DaveC posted on Apr 24 2005 at 03:53 AM said:
tekt5 posted on Apr 24 2005 at 02:16 AM said:
no trooper.. the only gaming difference is the hard drive and the backwards compatibility ;) ...

anyway.. those pics only have one controller port :(  ;)  <_<  :lol:

The controllers are supposed to be wireless hence no ports (the one "port" is an IR window). I think that is retarded though, I will hate feeding batteries to my controller all of the time, stupid. What if the batteries go out and you don't have replacements at the time? The rumble feature eats batteries for breakfast. Wireless should be an option not forced on you, really dumb. Plus they could be glitchy, laggy if you get interferance etc.

I don't care for the concave squished look either. I kind of like the one that looks like a 3DO with a handle better.

I will still get it though, I will get the deluxe version if it is true that it is backwards compatible and has a HDD.

dont use wap or make calls while using wireless pads, its the main cause of shite interference. annoying when your trying to look for x-box cheats on a net enabled pda.

Last edited by a moderator:
c0ncept posted on Apr 25 2005 at 06:20 PM said:
they shouldn't be releasing anything yet. Its so obvious that this generation of consoles hasn't reached close to what it could achieve. I mean what was the gap between the SNES and the N64, seven eight years? And now its beeen pushed back to what, five? That sucks.

Xbox has only been about 3 years actually. It is really friggin retarded, that the system that had the highest potential, actually did good in sales (#2 behind PS2 but still far ahead of Gamecube) will be the system that get's replaced the soonest. Really wasting a lot of opportunity there.....

xbox was released in 2001 and most devs say it hasn't reach its potential yet. I'm really annoyed about the new consoles coming out so soon too. As a consumer i had to wait till early 2003 till i could afford mine and thats only 2 years ago and another console pops out. Plus the chances of them bringing out many more games for xbox are very slim. I think someone should sue all big console companies (sony, M$ and maybe nintendo). but not for money but just to pass a law or something about a minimum of 6-7 years for a new release of a new console. I want to see more games visualy stunning like unreal champ 2, conkers and ridick on xbox. big corperate Fuckers :angry:

Indeed, there is so much more that can be done with what we have now.. We really dont need any new systems...
It been only 5 years... (Lesss for GC and XBOX) That is far too short..
We will never know the true potential of the current systems..
Then we'll have new systems and games will cost more to produce, so they'll be less games and most of them will be crap, and i will be screwed... :(
Whats the rusH?
The power and graphics we have right now are amazing...

carlgeorge posted on Apr 24 2005 at 08:41 PM said:
and Xbox 360 is a terrible name. They should go with Xbox Next, I think.

I think this may be due to a sales thing. If they called it XBOX2 then it would be one less than the PS3, and hence not as good, therefore they needed a number 3 or higher. Still a shit name though.

Xenon is a great name

i don't know..i feel the way you guys feel, too, but i LOVE new hardware!!
and i don't believe it takes 'till the end to always get at the potential of a system, game devs just need to spend more time with a release! well, not too much time :D scratch that, i guess the majortiy of game developers do need 3 years of release after release to know the ins and outs of a system very very well.

markusdragon posted on Apr 27 2005 at 09:16 AM said:
MS are supporting the old Xbox (and making games for it) until 2007, apparantly.

where'd you get this? Last I checked all major MS game releases for the Xbox 1 were stopping by the end of this year.... third party support will also surely die not long after the new systems arrive.

Steve-O posted on Apr 23 2005 at 09:24 AM said:
Fake and quite a bad fake once you start looking for the faults :p
finty posted on Apr 23 2005 at 09:31 AM said:
EDIT: Actually after looking at the button again it is a blatent fake, the power button barely even matches the unit.

Ha! I TOLD you they were real. :rolleyes:

Anyway... Some shots of the real thing, Enjoy.

1488407751772606.JPG

1387385638449262.JPG

8390731317563729.JPG

Attachments

• 1488407751772606.JPG
    1488407751772606.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 1387385638449262.JPG
    1387385638449262.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 8390731317563729.JPG
    8390731317563729.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 133
that sucks, the controllers are exactly the same as the previous xbox. sucky sucky sucky.

Also, this looks even worse than the xbox, which looked pretty awful. Although, thankfully it looks quite a lot smaller

[edit] is that an eyetoy style device I see?

I do like white designs. I think they look clean and high-tech (like the wonderful designs of Apple--Ipod, LCDs, I-Mac). Dreamcast and the GP32 looks very good, too (though I know they're not pure white).

But it's really not working here. The design is too show-offy to work with the white scheme, and, regardless of color, the thing's atrocious.

The new logo is terrible, too.

Goity posted on May 7 2005 at 10:37 PM said:
Just taking one look at this you can tell it's gonna be HUGE
Pun ludicrously intended

not unless the pad is huge, it actually looks quite a reasonable size. Compare it to the mannequins head.

Back