Newbie Saying Hi


Cheers for the nice words.

I paid £75 for the GP32, and was told abount none of the faults bar the loose battery cover.

Oh well.

At the moment porting stuff is a long term wish as I want to ensure that I can move on 8 directsion before I even attempt to do something.

As to timehunter, yes that is one of the DC games I working on. That will stay a commercial game. However I also have a few other shooters (ikari warriors style and a more conventional vert scroller)

I got a card reader but I get a 'Cyclic redundancy check' when i try t0 copy stuff to the cards (I have 3 smart cards and it does it on all) When It doesnt moan about it I copy a file (an MP3 for example) It says its on teh disc and when re-insert the disc its gone.. This is pretty queer as the Card reader works well on the MMC and SD cards I have tried in it..
 
qatmix posted on May 16 2005 at 07:51 AM said:
Cheers for the nice words.

I paid £75 for the GP32, and was told abount none of the faults bar the loose battery cover.

Oh well.

At the moment porting stuff is a long term wish as I want to ensure that I can move on 8 directsion before I even attempt to do something.

As to timehunter, yes that is one of the DC games I working on. That will stay a commercial game. However I also have a few other shooters (ikari warriors style and a more conventional vert scroller)

I got a card reader but I get a 'Cyclic redundancy check' when i try t0 copy stuff to the cards (I have 3 smart cards and it does it on all) When It doesnt moan about it I copy a file (an MP3 for example) It says its on teh disc and when re-insert the disc its gone.. This is pretty queer as the Card reader works well on the MMC and SD cards I have tried in it..
​

I had trouble with those multi-readers before too, it told me many times that I neded to format the card even though I knew it was ok. They can be dodgy sometimes. I got a single SMC reader and my computer liked that better.

You can fix the joystick, there is a guide somewhere here. It involved making a spacer for the contacts inside.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
qatmix posted on May 13 2005 at 07:58 AM said:
He has drilled a larger hole around the port where the Joystick is (making the joystick really loose and seemingly impossible to move on in any of the angles!)

​

Dino (this asshole) even claimed that to be a "fix" for bad joysticks... I´m very sorry he fooled you.
As for the loose ministick, The best fix is linked in my sig, it´ll help you for sure. A new case won´t help you here, because the actual mechanism of the ministick is weared out, but since you don´t want to have your gp32_console looking like this:
GP322.jpg

you should replace it anyway...
 

Attachments

  • GP322.jpg
    GP322.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top