Newsletter Received.

craigix said:
For the number which went out, well, I hope we will be sending over 10,000 on the 30th, put it that way :)

I think it's great that there are 10,000+ on the mailing list, it means the pandora's will likely sell out very quickly. But I also think there will be many forum members who miss out due to the big demand. While this is good news for the pandora team, I can't help but feel it's a bit unfair on the members who have been here from the start and have had a hand in the development of the pandora. I am not one of those members, I have been waiting for the pandora for about a year, but have not been an active forum member...

You have said you will guarantee the mods a pandora, but you wont do the same for the forum members, hence no early pre-order..maybe it's just me, but I feel this is a bit of a let down, maybe you want to set me straight on this Craig, or give your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the Newsletter, glad to see that an agreement was finally reached for Spanish distribution via Hardcore Gamer :)

Finally there will be time to relax lol

BTW. I'm X-Code, I can't retrieve my other account's password, if someone could look into that, it would be great :lol:

---_Won_--- said:
craigix said:
For the number which went out, well, I hope we will be sending over 10,000 on the 30th, put it that way :)

I think it's great that there are 10,000+ on the mailing list, it means the pandora's will likely sell out very quickly.
Signing up for a mailing list is free. Ordering a Pandora costs $330.

All that number means is that 10,000 people were interested enough to enter their email address and hit a button. Expecting a 30% follow-through rate on mailing lists signups is very optimistic. VERY optimistic. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've done stuff like this before.

Chip said:
---_Won_--- said:
craigix said:

I think it's great that there are 10,000+ on the mailing list, it means the pandora's will likely sell out very quickly.
Signing up for a mailing list is free. Ordering a Pandora costs $330.

All that number means is that 10,000 people were interested enough to enter their email address and hit a button. Expecting a 30% follow-through rate on mailing lists signups is very optimistic. VERY optimistic. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've done stuff like this before.
I'm sure you are right chip, can you see the point I was trying to make though? I hope Craig reads this, as I was hoping to get a response from him....Thanks for yours by the way.

But at least it's not less than 3,000 :)
10,000 is a lot of people to even express an interest.
Best of luck guys - hope you sell out and it becomes a good business venture - you deserve success.

ashdjones said:
Craig: What time do I need to get up in the morning on the 30th? I'm in the UK too.
Same here. I'd like to know this too. Am I going to have to sit up all night? :D

craigix said:
Yes, Hardcore gamer will be the Spanish distributor.

The first 3000 need to be ordered via us for us to pay for all the development costs.

After than Hardcore gamer will be the regular Spanish distributor and supporter of the Pandora, including the initial preorders (supported via us of course).
I won't wait!!! and I will buy it where it is:):):D

excuse the nuisance

thank you Craigix:)

I previously emailed the U.S. distributer gp2xstore.com awhile back about preordering Pandora from them and was told as soon as a concrete preorder date(Sept 30th :D ) is set, they will have the specifics for buying one on their site. Craig mentioned arrangements with the U.S. in the newsletter, so I hope it works out that way as I live in NY.

Chip you live on the east coast, and are in the same boat, so have you heard if gp2xstore will get a chunk of the first 3000 and is that how you'll acquire your spanking new :pandora1: ?

craigix said:
Two emotions just occurred:

NOOO! AUGH! Now it'll be a race. Dang. :(
YES! I'm so happy for you guys. :D

Excuse me while I go and try to calm my nerves. ;)

Got mine!

Received: (qmail 19123 invoked by uid 10043); 16 Sep 2008 02:54:50 +0200
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 16 Sep 2008 00:52:23.0575 (UTC)

I was hoping to have the pandora for october, as I'm travelling for 3 weeks then.

rmm21 said:
Chip you live on the east coast, and are in the same boat, so have you heard if gp2xstore will get a chunk of the first 3000 and is that how you'll acquire your spanking new :pandora1: ?
In order to compensate for the enormous initial cash layout required to engineer, test and manufacture the first batch, all 3000 will be bought through Craig's shop. They just can't afford to sell units from the first batch wholesale to local distributers.

What will most likely happen is that the manufacturer will drop-ship the finished Pandoras to local devs (MWeston for Canada, ED for Germany, etc) who will flash the latest firmware and send them out to customers. This avoids having to pay customs twice and reduces shipping costs.

My apologies to Craig if I'm overstepping my bounds by spelling this out, but nobody seems able to read between the lines.

Sorry to re-ask this question but nobody has answered it yet! I suppose Craig will be the only guy who actually knows anyway.

Will it be a case of sending out the pre-order e-mail at 00:00 on the 30th or will it be at a reasonable/random time? Just so I know wether it's worth staying up staring at my inbox...!

GunPei2X said:
the timelines feel pretty spot on (a very happy Xmas for 3,000 people).
definitely. I have been wanting this for christmas since spring, and I would have been devastated if it got delayed even longer...

NickLoTurco said:
Sorry to re-ask this question but nobody has answered it yet! I suppose Craig will be the only guy who actually knows anyway.

Will it be a case of sending out the pre-order e-mail at 00:00 on the 30th or will it be at a reasonable/random time? Just so I know wether it's worth staying up staring at my inbox...!
Yes, but 00:00 in what time zone? It's kind of confusing this global commerce stuff.

shaky said:
ashdjones said:
Craig: What time do I need to get up in the morning on the 30th? I'm in the UK too.
Same here. I'd like to know this too. Am I going to have to sit up all night? :D
that is what I just might do.

FRZ said:
shaky said:
ashdjones said:

Perhaps we should set up an irc 'camp' so we can all share in the festive spirit :p

ashdjones said:
NickLoTurco said:

Yes, but 00:00 in what time zone? It's kind of confusing this global commerce stuff.
I would like to know this bit if info as well so i can camp online.

Pleng said:
FRZ said:
shaky said:
ashdjones said:

Perhaps we should set up an irc 'camp' so we can all share in the festive spirit :p
Is there an irc channel for the Pandora?

Back