.next User Experience

That exists in Zaxxon, I think it's opkg. The problem is the Angstrom repo has software in it that isn't up-to-date. Also, of course, large packages just wouldn't fit because of the NAND limit, but I'm sure you're aware of this.
Did you even read my post? :)

The whole point is that it's not up to date and you break stuff when using opkg (the package manager in question). That and having ancient software.

And I of course wouldn't touch the default fw, but have an sd install for hackeries.

That exists in Zaxxon, I think it's opkg. The problem is the Angstrom repo has software in it that isn't up-to-date. Also, of course, large packages just wouldn't fit because of the NAND limit, but I'm sure you're aware of this.
Did you even read my post? :)

The whole point is that it's not up to date and you break stuff when using opkg (the package manager in question). That and having ancient software.

And I of course wouldn't touch the default fw, but have an sd install for hackeries.

.next have a working opkg setup ;)

Well, I don't think OP can do anything special about that.
...besides creating their own repository with more up-to-date packages? They're working on it, it's the final goal - at some point the whole system should be able to stay up-to-date via opkg.

Back