Nfs

Aurekana

Has anyone had any luck getting a linux file-share to mount via NFS? I keep getting an error:
Code:
mount.nfs: mount to NFS server 'rpcbind' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered

Some searching for solutions suggested running rpcinfo to get info on what is going on; I can't seem to find such a utility, and am not sure whether I just need to install a relevant package or whether such a command is not supported on ARM or some such.

I know my server is running alright; I can connect to it from all my other linux/windows boxes, so I don't think the server is the reason. Could a rule in iptables be the culprit?

Well, solved my own problem. The share mounts without a problem using CIFS; all that is needed is to install CIFS using opkg, and then to run mount.cifs on the share.

torpor said:
CIFS should be in the factory firmware, imho ..

Agreed.

After a couple firmware flashes and some playing around, looks like installing cifs from the angstrom repository nukes PND functionality, so I hesitate to say the problem is solved just now.

For anyone interested, here's the commands I used to get cifs working (use at your own risk):
Code:
sudo su 
opkg update
opkg install cifs
mount -t cifs -o username=<username> //<IP_or_domain_name>/<share_name> /mnt/net

The last line can be put in a shell script somewhere, to be run when network access is available. Could probably stick it somehow into fstab (for automatic mounting on boot), but since network access is not guaranteed, it might throw up some errors and not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back