Nights 2 Finally Revealed...

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
A portuguese games magazine has finally lifted the lid on the game that has been hinted at for a while now with rumors popping up everywhere over the last few weeks. Here is a translated part of the article:-

A unpredicted return Nights into Dreams was, and is, one cult title, frequently not understood, and not even the ruin of Dreamcast removed it's fans the hope of seeing the creature returning to Nightopia. And with Nintendo's new console, a window was now open...

The title will be Wii exclusive, will feature a two-player mode, online features and special movements. Claire and Elliot are back. Takeshi Iizuka chose the Wii for the new game because of the controller. Apparently, the game will be officially revealed in April.

Scans can be found from the links below.

Scan 1
Scan 2
Scan 3

If theres any portuguese people or portuguese speaking people on the boards that could translate some of this that would be great as my portuguese isnt good enough to translate all of it.

Anyway, post your comments and what you think about a classic title making a long over due return.

Agree, great news. Cant wait, I wonder when teh relesae date will be, the wiis certainly been lacking of grade A titles since zelda.

Good to see you back too finty.

If I had to guess a date Id say before the end of the year, october/november, but i reckon that'll be japan only for that but I could be wrong as Sega were quick at giving both America and Europe Sonc on Wii so hopefully this wont be held up to much. Im currently *buying* ;) the original as i never played it.

Heh, it's a bit confusing to begin with but stick at it. It really works best with the Saturns 3D controller.

Loz: Good to be back :) .

finty posted on Mar 30 2007 at 03:31 PM said:
Heh, it's a bit confusing to begin with but stick at it. It really works best with the Saturns 3D controller.

Yeah, it's a crazy game. Very easy to beat, but I still suck terribly at it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think i ever beat it :(

basically you run a 3d track and get a score, like the newer sonic games. but really, a very orginal, really awesome game.

some of the boss fights are pretty crazy.

finty said:

I loved that 3D controller! Mine came with Nights. It should be interesting on the Wii.

Woo! winter release cant wait. I still havent managed to play the original as the saturn emulators want the games on discs as well as containing the bios which i cant find

NICE!

I just reeeaaaally hope that they don't implement some weirdo control scheme to try to be different. It could really ruin this potentially epic title :(

The idea sounds great on paper, but how Sonic Team and Nintendo create it can really make or break this game...

daclassicgamingmaster said:
NICE!

I just reeeaaaally hope that they don't implement some weirdo control scheme to try to be different. It could really ruin this potentially epic title :(

The idea sounds great on paper, but how Sonic Team and Nintendo create it can really make or break this game...
Well, the original Saturn sequel that got cancelled, Air NiGHTS, was supposed to use a motion sensing attachment for control (I suppose that's why the cord could be removed from the 3D controller..). I think it could work really well if they get the movement sensitivity right... Doing loops and tricks could be pretty awesome with the Wiimote, I think. :D

But all this means I have to buy a Wii.. :rolleyes:

I was planning on not entering the next generation of gaming. I did not want to buy another concole. I have no room. But this new NiGHTS game is very tempting. It is causing me to look in the direction of the Wii. I will have to keep my eye on this one.

I had my Saturn out this past week playing some games. Looks like the hunger to play NiGHTS has surfaced. My weekend has been predestined. I must play NiGHTS. :)

I dont think anyone needs to be worried about this. Im not. Having not plyed the original yet Ive yet to form an opinion about it but im excited about this based upon what ive heard of the original. I mean, yeh Sonic Team have gone downhill really badly and are now struggling like a fat kid to get back to the top of that hill. Sonic and The Secret Rings was a step in the right direction for them so maybe this will be their saving grace that lets them mount that hill and say "we're back!"

I do believe the original producer is at the helm of this game. I'm not worried. At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if reviews aren't great. The gameplay could be seen as very simplistic if you take it for face value (which most stupid reviewers almost certainly will). It's when you invest copious amounts of time and discover the absolute best route to take through a given level that you really get the complete NiGHTS experience.

I just got the game last Christmas, and I'm always thrilled when I beat my high scores on each level. At the same time, I see these other people's scores online that are grotesquely higher than mine, and I realize I have a long way to go still. :p

Why do I get the feeling this is gonna suck ass and disappoint many?

Well Nova, i think that is to do with the fact that the original producer of the game has gone elsewhere and isnt workingon this game which leaves it souly in Sonic Teams hands.

i love the original game (its on ebay at the minute with my saturn and 13 other games) but to be honest, if the new game is as simplistic as the original id be dissapointed, id like to see something new done with nights 2, and i dont think the current sonic team are capable.

CUPC4KES said:
i love the original game (its on ebay at the minute with my saturn and 13 other games) but to be honest, if the new game is as simplistic as the original id be dissapointed, id like to see something new done with nights 2, and i dont think the current sonic team are capable.

link? :)

Would you consider selling to a fellow forumite outside of fleabay?

EDIT: found it, interested in selling early at all? Got a price?

Back