Nimh Battery Review

I own 2500 mah Energizer batteries, and I can confirm they rock !
My charger is a "La Crosse BC900" which is near perfect
( review: http://www.techmati.com/reviews/rs900/index.htm )

The energizer 2500mah last at least twice as long as the 2000mah batteries provided with charger while watching divx on gp2x.

I'm a big Energizer fan too. I've got various incarnations from over the years:

1850mAh
2100mAh
2300mAh
2500mAh

I also bought some Duracell 2650mAh and most recently some m-Energy 2700mAh even though I didn't really need them.

I find the Duracell's and the Energizer 2500mAh perform the best of the lot. The "no-name" m-Energy won't even power up my GP2X for some reason! They will function with my GP32 though.

I'm a big Energizer fan too. I've got various incarnations from over the years:

1850mAh
2100mAh
2300mAh
2500mAh

I also bought some Duracell 2650mAh and most recently some m-Energy 2700mAh even though I didn't really need them.

I find the Duracell's and the Energizer 2500mAh perform the best of the lot. The "no-name" m-Energy won't even power up my GP2X for some reason! They will function with my GP32 though.

I have the 2500 Energizer and the recharger. I think the charger isnt that great and I might get that powerex maha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the video player, on a GP2X model 2 firmware 2.0,

Energizer Rechargable, 2300mAh, fully charged, seems to last about 10 minutes before the video whitescreens.
Uniross 2000mAh, fully charged, has no problems at all and runs for a couple of hours.

(I have four of each type of battery, so I know its not a problem with a particular AA)
Strange that the lower power battery seems to be acceptable, but the higher one fails after a short while!

Sounds like your energizers need to be conditioned. My 2500s last for hours on video playpack.

-Kensupen

P.S. The PowerEx (maha) charger is great. I just got it and it made my batteries go from 1 to 3+ hours again.

I have the standard 15 hour charger that came with my first set of 1800mAh. Since I have about 20x batteries I don't mind if they take overnight (and then some) to charge.
I do need to get a better unit though as this doesn't have a "battery capacity" and auto stop feature, which i think is not a good idea.

Sounds like your energizers need to be conditioned....

Do you mean to try a different charger? I'm using a Uniross 'Sprint' charger, with green and red lights. After its charged, the red light goes off and only the green remains, on a trickle/autostop. The uniross batteries are fine using this charger, but the Energizers aren't!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 pairs of 2700mah Sony batteries. They are great and came with an awesome charger with a restore feature and a lcd screen that tells you how close the batteries are to being finished.

Back