Nintendo 3DS finaly able to play rom backups

Isn't there a bunch of upgradeable linkers, like the DSTwo, already able to launch 3DS backups?

Isn't there a bunch of upgradeable linkers, like the DSTwo, already able to launch 3DS backups?
You can run DS homebrew (and ROMs) on flash carts that aren't being blocked by 3DS. But not actual 3DS software.

So I was wrong  :p

Then it's nice to see that someone was able to make a linker.

I guess the other makers will reverse-engineer - or something - that and update their own linkers  :huh:

I wouldn't count on the old DS flash carts even having the proper hardware to load 3DS stuff..

This is cool, as it's a step in the right direction, but this card only allows for 1 game per sd card, so as it sits, it's not very good. I guess for those who only want to play 3ds games, it's good enough.

I've been using DS flash cards for ages, and this is just very basic in regards to what exist for other devices. Hopefully something bigger and better is offered at some later date. Sadly, I'm gonna be skipping this one.

Chris

Gateway has launched (or will launch pretty soon) a cartridge with micro-sd support, that can play any 3ds rom. And it is legit  not fake stuff here is the source of the news http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-first-3ds-flashcart.348900/
Interesting stuff, shame that it won't work with / allow homebrew though. It would be great to see what a 3Ds homebrew scene could become. Was pretty impressed with what was done with the Wii & DS.

It'll be interesting to watch the game of cat & mouse between Nintendo & the Pirates people who play legally sourced backups.

This is cool, as it's a step in the right direction, but this card only allows for 1 game per sd card, so as it sits, it's not very good. I guess for those who only want to play 3ds games, it's good enough.

I've been using DS flash cards for ages, and this is just very basic in regards to what exist for other devices. Hopefully something bigger and better is offered at some later date. Sadly, I'm gonna be skipping this one.

Chris
At least for now it is the only thing avaiable that makes playing dumped 3ds rom work on the 3ds, it's way better than what we had before anyways (wich was nothing)  plus it is quite recent maybe it can be improved in the future...

Finally a step forward.

There are several good games but I hate only having one with me or to swap game cards.

Hope there's support for multiple games, soon.

When I can make a copy of my digital purchases, lose my 3DS, buy a new one, and restore my digital purchases I will be happy. This looks to be a step in the right direction, but it's got a long way to go, if it will ever be able to support digital purchases at all.

this is already discussed in the 3ds thread, but whatever. and the big talk right now is that the newly released firmware mightve already stopped gateway 3ds from working. still waiting for some official news, but gateway says not to update

and its official, fw 6.x has already blocked the use of gateway, before it even shipped to reviewers

Back