Nintendo 3DS

@ Prom

Nintendo 3DS Adds 3D Video Capture in November

Stated at today's Nintendo 3DS Conference, the system is getting a software update that will bring 3D video capture to the 3DS. Update hits this November, according to Nintendo.

http://kotaku.com/5839597/3ds-getting-3d-video-capture

Will anyone be using this app?

xlarge_nin03.jpg

@ Everyone else

Nintendo’s Ugly 3DS Circle Pad Add-on Priced and Dated

http://kotaku.com/58...riced-and-dated

3ds_01.jpg

You Won’t Believe This List of 3DS Games that Support the Second Circle Pad

http://kotaku.com/58...cond-circle-pad

Last edited by a moderator:
So. To buy a 3DS or not to buy a 3DS. That is the question.

I seem to have missed the boat on the Legend of Zelda bundles, which is a pain.

You can get a pre-owned 3DS from Game for a whole penny cheaper!

Will anyone be using this app?
I will be using the heck out of this app, provided it records at the same 640x480 resolution as it takes pictures.

You Won’t Believe This List of 3DS Games that Support the Second Circle Pad
Is that a list of games that support it, or games that require it? I am in favour of the former, loathing the latter.

Your waiting paid off - now you can get it in pink! ;)
Aww, I want one in pink :(

Is that a list of games that support it, or games that require it? I am in favour of the former, loathing the latter.
Well, it was confirmed as optional for Monster Hunter Tri G. I would imagine it's the same for all of the rest, too, especially since earlier showings of some of them pre-date the add-on by ages. :p

It looks to be as I expected, though - just for a few niche games where the developers needed more buttons.

I didnt really go for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on PSP. I may give Monster Hunter 4 a 2nd chance on 3DS though. We'll see.

Only things that appealed to me was Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, and maybe Mario Tennis (if it has RPG mode).

All in all, being a Sony lover, I like that Sony goes 2nd, so gives them preperation to know how much they need to drop to steal the show for their pre-TGS thing tomorrow.

The statement assumes that it's not for the five or so niche games that offer it as an option. :p

All I can say is...Watch as more and more (and more) games begin to support it.

And I'm 100% sure that the next iteration/full hardware revision of Nintendo 3DS will have the 2nd circle pad and L2 & R2 built in.

That's something I didnt know. The addition of L2&R2 buttons.

They basically did their best to turn it into a PS3 Controller. It almost looks like some kind of crazy mod you'd find on Engadget. Just doesnt seem like Nintendo to welcome such a heavy change to their system --- but between them still being in worried-mode and the fact that it was probably what they had to do to convince Capcom to give them Monster Hunter 3 and 4, they stepped outside of their norm.

Won't everyone just wait for the version with all that built in? This seems like Nintendo in panic mode, someone is going to get fired, virtuaboy style.

That's something I didnt know. The addition of L2&R2 buttons.

They basically did their best to turn it into a PS3 Controller. It almost looks like some kind of crazy mod you'd find on Engadget. Just doesnt seem like Nintendo to welcome such a heavy change to their system --- but between them still being in worried-mode and the fact that it was probably what they had to do to convince Capcom to give them Monster Hunter 3 and 4, they stepped outside of their norm.
i dont remember a gameboy with built in camera, i dont remember gameboy with built in magnifying glass, i dont remember game boy advance with built in wireless communications to other gbas. whats so taboo about nintendo making a major accessory like external 2nd circle pad and 2nd set of triggers? lets not forget all the accessories on their consoles like broadband adapters, memory expansions, rumble packs, memory cards, etc...all made as accessories by nintendo that were in many/most cases unnecessary.

The problem with a follow up 3DSi having all those extra inputs is how are you going to handle the L2/R2 buttons. If you take the conventional stack approach you're basically stuck making it too thick for it be put in a pocket.

There is a solution where you could set it all up in a side-by-side configuration. You would need to rearrange the power and IR port, and possibly cram the stylus somewhere else to create the room for it. Maybe end up with some kind of rocker setup on the 3DSi lite, and separate triggers on the 3DSi XL. Something I expect isn't patented quite yet. Meaning OPL might want to go ahead and create a time stamped render of said side-by-side configuration on a theoretical Pandora 2.

Won't everyone just wait for the version with all that built in? This seems like Nintendo in panic mode, someone is going to get fired, virtuaboy style.

You misunderestimate Nintendo fans!

This is an interesting development considering the 3DS price drop. What has developed is that it's not *really* £130, because you need the additional analogue stick, too. Also, how are people going to attach their extended batteries with this bloody thing in the way?

Fortunately, I've been dissuaded from buying a 3DS not so much by this absurd add-on but by the fact I have no money left- not through abject poverty, but poorly considered luxury purchases.

Since Nintendo is no longer untouchable/unbeatable/invincible in the handheld stakes...I think it's time for M$ to release a dedicated portable console (with buttons)

Back