Nintendo 3DS

BUMP

Is it just me or has 3DS software sales slowed down heaps, compared to last year? Time for a new Nintendo handheld console to be released, perhaps?
Sales have slowed down, as "N" is releasing nothing worthwhile, and I don't see anything great coming soon either. Smash Bros is their best bet, but I can't stand that series, so nothing for me.

Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright is the only game between now and years end that I'm buying. There are a few e-shop games I'm sure I'll get, but none of those games are going to move hardware or make a blip in e-shop sales scale(Ironfall might, looks damn good), and Shovel Knight was great as well. Last year they had had several "direct" shows by this time and showed mainly 3DS titles. Now they seem to be pulling a Sony, and focusing more on the WiiU than the 3DS. I've seen ton's of great games for WiiU coming this year and next, but nothing for the 3DS really.

I don't see "N" releasing a new handheld or console until they can do both together and have a "CLEAR" plan for their future. They can't afford another WiiU, or a slow handheld start like the 3DS. They really have to be sure where their going, and have a good structure in place(No region locks, proper account system, cross buy, etc). I'm sure their doing that behind the scenes. So this may be the reason for lack of anything good coming, as "N" has never been good at doing multiple things at one time. This is why we've seen several great franchises handed off to lame 2nd/3rd parties in the past, and why they now release new systems with no killer games. I swear they refuse to ever hire new staff and create new divisions. So when work get's busy, we see the results in slow release schedules. It's the "N" way sadly.

Vita on the other hand has games up the wazoo. It's the complete opposite of a year ago. Yes, a lot of games are ports or indie titles, but I've never played them, so there new to me. And they have a good release schedule for the rest of the year and well in to 2015.

I seem to have broken my 3DSXL somehow. Thing shuts off after like 5min of being turned on. So I ask you electricians, what's the likely cause? A burned out capacitor?

no, the battery holds charge fine. and its not like it shuts off due to sudden movement so it shouldnt be the contacts either

Hey, do we have any Smash Bros fans around here? "N" sent out demo codes yesterday to CN "platinum" members, and I have 2 extra. If anyone is interested PM me, and when I get home later tonight I'll send them to the 2 members who PM'd first. I'm at the Classic Gamers Expo here in Vegas today. If I hear back before I leave, I'll send ASAP. Otherwise it will be later on today.

They actually gave each member 1 code, and then 3 to share with friends/family(4 total). I used one, and I gave my son one, so I have 2 left. I don't know why I used one, as I hate Smash Bros and this Demo didn't do anything to change that.

BTW, this code is for USA e-shop ONLY. So don't bother to PM me, if you don't have a USA 3DS/2DS.

Chris

I got my 4 UK codes yesterday too. All used - me, my son and his two friends. I'm not a SB fan either. My son thinks the demo is "THE BEST GAME EVER!" He loves SB anyway and this hasn;t dampened his excitement over the full games to come.

Back