Nintendo 3DS

Does anybody actually use the 3D on a 3DS for more than a few minutes occasionally?
I don't because I like to stretch out the battery life as long as possible, I also have the brightness level pretty much permanently set to 1 and the power saving mode is on permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody actually use the 3D on a 3DS for more than a few minutes occasionally?
I don't.  It makes my eyes feel odd, and I had the issue SONY said they fixed.  It has been so long since I used 3D I can't even remember what it looks like when it isn't lined up with my face correctly.

I'm loving the 3D too, I have the New 3DS model, so I don't get sound on my SNES unfortunately.

Pretty sure there is no 3D support yet either, that's something that might/will be worked on further down the line I read.

The version I have doesn't anyway, which is the version of blargsnes d/l from the ninjhax website.

3D effect is very good though, I enjoy playing Shinobi III in 3D for example, which is d/l from the eshop, and has been built to support 3D.

Doesn't cause me any headache, but I do only have it about half way up the slider which is good for me.

It's no Pandora replacement for me, in terms of emulation, but nice to have them old favs to hand for when I want a break from the new Mario 3D games [by which I mean the Mario Bros 2 and those 3DS only games, which were a driver for me buying the device, I wanted to enjoy Mario series games which are only on this thing]

Nice sized screen/s on the New 3DS too

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I started using it about 70/30 when I first got it, but it's slowly gone the other way since. Now I use it very rarely, not because I don't like the effect, but because keeping the "sweet spot" is way to much effort. Once I get the "NEW" model, I'll probably go back to using it more.[/SIZE]

Nice sized screen/s on the New 3DS too
I'm very much looking forward to getting the standard model as well. The OG 3DS was to small, so I upgraded to the XL, but now I find that to big & heavy, so I'm glad to see "N" increased the standard model size to kind of be a "medium" between the different models. Plus the changeable plates seem cool as well, although I'm not to sure I'll ever use this feature, it's nice to have the option.

I really wish these where region free, as I would have imported from Australia already, but sadly there is no US release date in sight. Damn you NOA :angry:

Chris

Looks like have one of these Demo-Downloadcode-actions running again.

I got a mail telling me I got 4 Downloadcodes for a Monster Hunter 4 demo, so I got 3 spare ones (if anyone is interested, let me know).

Somebody have a experience about these Mugen Power Akkus here??

They offer a 6400 mah Batterie for the New Nintendo 3DS XL, which should last 3 times longer than the original, but makes the whole device a bit bulkier because the Batterie sits in a custom Batterie Cover on the botton of the 3DS..

Somebody have a experience about these Mugen Power Akkus here??

They offer a 6400 mah Batterie for the New Nintendo 3DS XL, which should last 3 times longer than the original, but makes the whole device a bit bulkier because the Batterie sits in a custom Batterie Cover on the botton of the 3DS..
I've seen those, but haven't tried it. I bought a Nyko extended battery for the OG 3DS years ago, and it was great. More often than not, these work just as advertised. I was forced to get another XL here in the states last week, due to NoA inability to release the standard N3DS. So the XL is already way large, and I don't really have any marathon gaming sessions anymore, so the added bulk isn't really a welcome feature for me currently.

I have also bought a similar item for the PSP as well, and that one worked well to. You just have to be willing to "BULK" up your system to get longer battery life. It's a trade off for sure. The Nyko one I owned, allowed me to go days without charging, and with 3D running, it was awesome. That one definitely worked 3x longer, no doubt, and didn't add a ton of bulk. But some of the newer ones can add a lot of bulk.

Chris

It's just like the old 3DS, but better. In nearly every way :)

I can honestly say that I've not turned the 3D slider off since getting the New 3DS. I never used it on my old 3DS. It's not 100% perfect, but it is much, much better.

It's just like the old 3DS, but better. In nearly every way :)

I can honestly say that I've not turned the 3D slider off since getting the New 3DS. I never used it on my old 3DS. It's not 100% perfect, but it is much, much better.
I agree, the 3D is way better this go around. This is how this should have been out of the gate. I'm also enjoying the faster processor, as the 3DS was way slow before. It's still not as fast as the Vita, but it's much improved. It's not lightning quick, but it's no longer super slow either.

Sadly, it's not all peaches and cream. I have very small hands, and where I have always enjoyed the bigger screens of the XL, the added shoulder buttons are next to useless for me to use due to there placement, and the overall large size of the system. Trying to use all of the new buttons with the new nub in Ironfall is next to impossible for me.

The smaller unit would have been much better for this. I really wanted the standard N3DS, but NoA sucks ass, so I'm stuck until a solid region free work around is found. I swear, the management at NoA can't possible be game players, as there is no way someone with small hands would find the XL comfortable(at least in it's new form factor). I guess if your a child, and want a 3D capable unit, your screwed.

The new cart slot isn't ideal, but considering I don't swap games often, it's OK. The stylus placement is terrible. I thought the placement on top of the OG was bad, but I would prefer that to the new placement at the bottom. I do like how they moved the power button below, and moved the start and select back to there rightful placing. Home should always be alone front and center, so those features are cool.

The new c-stick is great for camera usage, but not really ideal as a true second analog stick. I understand why "N" went this route, as it's not like they have tons of shooters lining up to be released. I also understand the limited real estate of the units, so something small had to be chosen. I wish they would have offered the full size nub on the XL, and then the smaller nub on the standard one, as it would have made for more choices. But considering we only got 1 unit here in the states, it's a non issue either way.

So overall, I find the N3DS an improvement, but only in certain areas. I was already using the XL, and over time I came to realize I wanted something smaller. Not the OG, as that was to small, and was poorly designed, and that unit made my hands hurt for different reasons than the XL does. So where I like the new 3D feature and the faster processor, the new shoulder buttons and the c-stick probably won't get much use.

So like all things "N", this is another love/hate relationship. I think most of my issues would be greatly improved by the "medium" size of the standard N3DS, but until that happens, I'll give this new unit an 8/10. If 3D isn't your cup of tea, or your not dying to have the c-stick, your better off waiting for the 4DS or whatever else "N" has coming a few years from now. If you live anywhere else that isn't Canada or USA, you at least have 2 new options, so you may find more to like.

Chris

Yeah, you raise a lot of valid points there. It's still not as good as it could have been. I'd have loved two proper c-sticks, rather than the poxy little nub. I really hate the new stylus (shape and size) and port positioning. The lack of an internal rumble is also a small thing they could have fixed.

But the shape, size, weight, screens and battery life are all an improvement over the original 3DS - much more comfortable. Hopefully the new additions will be used in future games.

The cover plates are an expensive old hobby though for those with very little brain or too much disposable income. In the UK they're averaging around £13 a pop. For a piece of plastic and a scre that likely costs them less than 50p in total it's easy money and a total rip off. Hopefully 3rd party (and knock off) replacements will hit the market soon. Not that I particularly care, but I dislike my Ambassador cover (and the Smash Bros one that came with it). I want something plane and conservative or very subtle.

Well, the Akku was chipped, now i have to wait for Fed Ex..

Mybe next Week, i can give you a littel Rewiew about the Ergonomix, the Akku Livetime etc

Hopefully it ditnt stuck in stock..

Its from Honkong

Next week whe know more..

Back