Nintendo 3DS

I like the 3DS a lot. It is more comfortable to hold than the Pyra and has everything a gaming device need,s IMO. DS lacks motion control and a circle pads or other such controls (control stick, nub, etc).
But I do not use it much anymore because nowadays I prefer screens that do not emit light.
Why is that? For example: I like my NeoGeo Pocket Color a lot but the fact it doesn't have a light option makes it harder to play during periods I have free time (usually evening when it's a bit more dark).
I also have an e-reader that also has a light option in case it's too dark. So I prefer the option to use it in the dark when needed. I do like transflective screens but those usually don't cut it for gaming.

At the moment it also appears to be a trend to have large mobile gaming consoles while the 3DS was a nice mix of portable when closed and large enough when gaming. While I like the Nintendo Switch and Steamdeck I prefer a smaller handheld.

Light emitting screens seem to give me headache when used for long. Even if I only spent little time gaming, I still have to use other light emitting screens and it all adds up. Suposedly it is due to blue light. Right now I am using an e-ink tablet to post this.
I do like transflective screens but those usually don't cut it for gaming
Like the DS Phat or the Advance SP? Those screens are barely visible without backlight. Shame too, because I do like the DS a lot despite it being lacking compared to the 3DS.

The Pyra can play Dreamcast, PS1 and N64 , and even DS, but its about double as fat as the 2DSXL, and there is another big advantage of an DS Handheld: Games that got designt for Touchscreen or Dualscreen Use (there are a few nice pinball games on DS), are much more pleasont on an Real DS Handheld,
i wonder when the EZ Flash Parralell finally gets its next update to get rid of the Standbye Issue, until then i have to use the "Trick" to push the home button and then close the lid

Emulation on the DS might not be that good as on the Pyra, but there are quite some Consoles that work for me:
Atari VCS and 7800, Sega Genesis, Mastersystem and Gamegear, Nintendo SNES, NES, GB GBC GBA, and Pokemon Mini, and even NeoGeo Pocket and PC Engine, there is even an DOS or an C64 Emulator and ScummVM, but i did not try them out..

And there is allways the big + that you can run 3DS Games from the Original Cardridges ..

I had the idea yesterday to change my acount from New2DSXL back to New3DSXL but when i did fire up the 3DS yesterday, and did remember that you only have 5 free time where you can move your acount to a new 3DS i had a much better idea: I let the New2DSXL stay my Official OS 3DS whit all the E-Shop Games and other stuff, but i will use the Saturday to CFW this New3DSXL: This way i can run the DS, 3DS and Emulators from its Internal SD Card, the Emulators should have lot more Power as its in 3DS Mode and not in DS Mode so maybe i will get lot more stuff to run ..
The only stuff i need to order is an 128 gb Micro SD Card and a new 3DSXL Batterie..

Back