Nintendo Ds: Final Hardware Design Revealed

PinkSpider posted on Jul 30 2004 at 10:43 AM said:
Animal Crossing has me excited too... its perfect for handheld, do a quick errand whilst on the bus or something.
Yeah, and that too although I've never played it. Is the jap N64 version playable, wasn't there a language patch or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Animal Crossing on cube... fab game, good for short bursts so will be perfect for handheld :)

There is an n64 version but I dont think there is a patch (yet)

I've just watched the Eurogamer video and it's really looking pretty special. (btw: Listen out 30 seconds into the video for some guys in the background mocking "super marios!!! Hello super marios!!! Are you having fun?".

There are 2 things that, if possible, would be pretty cool in the final design:

button on stylus - seeing the turning/shooting troubles on metroid DS, this would be really useful.

Force feedback stylus - This would be the icing on the cake. There's this funny 'carving' techdemo on the vid, where the stylus is beeing used as an electric saw. I thought it looked pretty cool that where the stylus touches, off-cuts and chips fly everywhere and this buzzzz sound. It's quite a weird effect seeing the pen used like this, and a rumble feature would just add that bit more.

Also, I'm not sure about the PSP-style love-handles on the final design.

[edit]Oh, and is that little red arrow really necassary? Afterall, there is a 6 inch pen already pointing where you aim.

When I first saw both consoles, the psp was the clear winner. Things seem to be getting much more interesting now. That price sounds nice as well :D.

Have to see how the homebrew turns out. I may just get a pda or perhapds the gp32 2 as my next handheld.

PinkSpider posted on Jul 30 2004 at 05:05 PM said:
Im watching the DS vid from EG and I just shouted wow at my computer screen... wario ware is gonna own.
Where is this video of which you speak? I cant find it on EG.

I have come to a decission, im getting the DS for christmas (Well a preorder).

Or is it out before christmas?

I've pretty much come to that decision too. Or I'll get it for my girlfriend for christmas ;) . [edit] I think it's out before in Japan and after in the US & UK, hopefully they will be cross compatible though like the other nintendo handhelds.

Can anyone actually confirm this < £100 price tag?

pubjoe posted on Jul 30 2004 at 08:31 PM said:
Can anyone actually confirm this < £100 price tag?
I'm just quoting Eurogamer, who claim
Earlier this month, Japanese retail sources reported by GamesIndustry.biz claimed that the system would be out in Japan on November 4th priced around €140, following in the US a week later on the 11th for the equivalent of €145. The same sources projected five or six launch titles.
€140 = £92.31
€145 = £95.61

Back