Nintendo Ds

Old news, for me at least. Some pics were posted in the unrelated topics section, but I don't know about these ones. I saw all these pics already from the neo-geo.com forums.

holy shit im beginning to think i might actually get one of the DS's. its a shame though, ive gotten so used to having quality software for free i dunno how i'll feel about buying games

Gbax should make their own console :

The GBAX!!!!

It can have the screen the size of a psp.
BLU from the gp32.
Homebrew and customization propertys of the gp32.
And a 3ghz processer!!!!!!!

Gbax must get a lot of uk business being the only place in the uk selling gp32's!
Is gbax a online only shop or a high street shop aswell?

pubjoe posted on May 12 2004 at 11:41 AM said:
Wow thanks. What a morning, I love e3.

Although it's a bit annoying how everything gets unvailed here and there are no surprises left until next year.
Hmmm.... how about PS3, XBOX2, N5 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
VirtuaLeech posted on May 12 2004 at 10:12 AM said:
Hmmm.... how about PS3, XBOX2, N5 ;)
Yeah, we'll be waiting till next year's e3 for them asweel. Okay there might be a little leak of info here and there but e3 is where you see all the good stuff.

wooo
have to get one if only those games come out, Ill buy it
would love to play all my old school favorites and some not so old games from the 64 and new stuff all on one system!
hmmm, think the homebrew stuff from here could go over to the DS easy since same processres?

~Octavious

would love a gigas on the DS , dual screens could make it really well know, you could proboly get money if you released the gigas engine on the DS...

bringoutthegimp posted on May 12 2004 at 09:49 AM said:
holy shit im beginning to think i might actually get one of the DS's. its a shame though, ive gotten so used to having quality software for free i dunno how i'll feel about buying games
I thought it actually looked kind of lame. What a gimmick, the PSP looks WAY better, both the system and the graphics. Nintendo is in a world of hurt after PSP comes out. I mean the thing looks like a GBA SP with one more small screen BAH! what a joke!

DaveC posted on May 14 2004 at 03:15 AM said:
holy shit im beginning to think i might actually get one of the DS's.  its a shame though, ive gotten so used to having quality software for free i dunno how i'll feel about buying games
I thought it actually looked kind of lame. What a gimmick, the PSP looks WAY better, both the system and the graphics. Nintendo is in a world of hurt after PSP comes out. I mean the thing looks like a GBA SP with one more small screen BAH! what a joke!
The PSP will be a HUGE disappointment. There are so many design flaws. The speaker size for one. Nintendo has never let me down game wise, which is what PS2 did to me. I can't think of a good PS2 classic that I can just play and remember for years. Nintendo DS is powerful, with good set of games, plus the ability to play gameboy games, with a new twist... Two screens. Not to mention it's cheap. :p

Mofokubik posted on May 14 2004 at 08:00 PM said:
DaveC posted on May 14 2004 at 03:15 AM said:
holy shit im beginning to think i might actually get one of the DS's.  its a shame though, ive gotten so used to having quality software for free i dunno how i'll feel about buying games
The PSP will be a HUGE disappointment. There are so many design flaws. The speaker size for one. Nintendo has never let me down game wise, which is what PS2 did to me. I can't think of a good PS2 classic that I can just play and remember for years. Nintendo DS is powerful, with good set of games, plus the ability to play gameboy games, with a new twist... Two screens. Not to mention it's cheap. :p
we won't know untill they're on the shelves and in godlike reviewer's hands :)

It turns of the way the systems look, both the DS and the PSP look pretty ass ugly if you ask me. However in terms of games, DS has the PSP beat hands down. It seems the developers are putting the second screen and stylus to good use (Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, and I see a lot of potential for good use in the Mega Man and Final Fantasy offerings). Plus imagine the eventual port of Orcarina of Time, with the submenu on the second screen so you can change weapons on the fly.

I don't doubt PSP will have some neat games and features, and its still awhile off so they have plenty of time to wow me, but DS is the only one of the two that has manaaged to get me genuinely excited about its arrival.

TBH there's enough people on the side of both systems, from what I've been reading over the past few months. If that's representative of the lot, then Ninty isn't going down. Since its roughly half DS and half PSP, it'll still get a lot of people buying it. At least, initially. What counts then is who comes up with the better games faster *after* launch as to whether the games keep being bought, or the owners of the worse system sell it and go for the one that's better...

The next few years will see very interesting changes in the handheld scene. Very interesting.

joffe posted on May 14 2004 at 08:30 PM said:
Final Fantasy offerings
I serioulsy doubt there will be any Final Fantasy for the DS, if so it would be along the lines of FF:CC (not a part of the original series)

Sony owns part of square... they will probably make PSP-titles.

I serioulsy doubt there will be any Final Fantasy for the DS, if so it would be along the lines of FF:CC (not a part of the original series)

correct me if I'm wrong but the final fantasy series has always been made up of standalone games, the only proper sequel so far has been FF X-2, I imagine that at some point the DS will have an FF game. If not, theres always a Zelda game or Breath of Fire orr Lufia game to look forward to.

Back