Nintendo Switch

You want!??

• Total voters

I seriously doubt they will go steam, although nintendo gets most of their money from licensing sales to game studios vs it's hardware sales, you'd be opening the platform up to being platform independent possibly. That would introduce variables game designers don't want, and then from their standpoint, why share software sales when you can just independently target and publish to the PC market without Nintendo getting their cut?

I have to agree, that steam and nintendo seem like a severe conflict of interests. Even if it meant more console exclusive games making their way to PC.

Their system of targeting the younger age group of gamers with a proprietary console seems to have worked well in the past, they should just continue that trend. I do however see the appeal of going 100% digital as it cuts down significantly in distribution costs and that money could just go to straight marketing or beefing up their infrastructure and making a better online experience which is noticeably bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo already made a press release confirming that they will NOT be using Android as an OS.

They have made their own in house OS as long as they've made consoles. No idea why they would stop now. 

Probably a port of the same OS they have used on the Wii/U for a while, that way they can maintain direct compatibility of all their previously released titles.

Nintendo already made a press release confirming that they will NOT be using Android as an OS.

They have made their own in house OS as long as they've made consoles. No idea why they would stop now. 

Probably a port of the same OS they have used on the Wii/U for a while, that way they can maintain direct compatibility of all their previously released titles.
This is why this system makes no sense what so ever. If your making "mobile" games, who is supposed to play them and how? Your making your own mobile device to do what, and compete with who exactly?

They already have a very successful handheld device, so if you want to make and sale 99. mobile games, why not offer them there? Why make a completely new machine for a market where you have no business being in? How is this going to compete with IOS or Android? I smell another HUGE fail on "N" part coming soon :p

Chris

All they need is one moba-game with their lineup and they are back to selling hotcakes.

Nintendo has real business-people too, the saying sorry is a japanese thing. There is nothing stopping them from putting linux on a console and becoming a hardware-vendor.

I cant think of a particular reason why Sony or MS should stay in business. Games that arent PC-based generally tend to go downwards in terms of graphics.

If you dont have anything special, or anywhere to go, then what is left to do?

Yeah, look at all variations in the same handhelds, and they all sell like hotcakes.  I guess there's logic in Nintendo' madness.   ;)

After NX, Nintendo should really give up in the h/w making business because they're just not cut out to making simple 'good' decisions.

After NX, Nintendo should really give up in the h/w making business because they're just not cut out to making simple 'good' decisions.
I wish someone would come out witha  good handheld. I mean a solid piece of mobile gaming. 

I feel like the DS line is really more for kids, you know what I mean? There is nothing that a real hardcore gamer would actually carry around. You have the Vita, which is good on paper, but the games library is in my eyes crap. Honeslty, there is no real Tripple A games on handhelds becasue they are pretty much crap. 

I remember getting my PSP back in ~2008, my god, that thing was awesome. You could hack the shit out of it, had great titles (I remeber Socom FTB2 Online, spend hundreds of hours on there) it showed the online stats when you logged in, I remeber nearly ~10000 People at any given time. It was an unforgettable experience no doubt. But now that's old, and pretty much all the community has faded away. 

We need a PSP for 2016. Not the vita, or an NDS, but something that's a real solid console. That's what originally brought me to the pandora.

I think partt of the problem is that hand-helds are better suited to kids, and most adults in the west at least, might be shy about using one in public. Still people will play stuff on their phones. i think most adults prefer to play at home.

I'll gladly play a hand-held console at the bus-stop or on a train. It doesn't bother me. 

The vita is a very nice handheld. On paper it's everything a handheld gaming device should be.

But it's not been a success and sony don't make anymore games for it, not in the west at least. it's mostly indie games now.

I think partt of the problem is that hand-helds are better suited to kids, and most adults in the west at least, might be shy about using one in public. Still people will play stuff on their phones. i think most adults prefer to play at home.

I'll gladly play a hand-held console at the bus-stop or on a train. It doesn't bother me. 

The vita is a very nice handheld. On paper it's everything a handheld gaming device should be.

But it's not been a success and sony don't make anymore games for it, not in the west at least. it's mostly indie games now.
I completely agree, I don't mean to say any of them are bad. 

They are just not really made for AAA titles, I mean console quality. 

I would have no problem dishing out ~500$ on a good quality handheld that had something like a Tegra K1 that had AAA titles.

I also agree, people do for whatever reason kinda giggle when they see a man playing a DS over here in public. Not really sure why.

A huge meaty chunk is taken out by mobile games like on cellphones. I don't doubt a bit that Mobile handhelds are very much effected by Android/iOS apps. I mean when you think about it, most high-end phones are faster on paper, and run an easily developable OS.

Back