Nintendo Wii U

The DLC is free. Also it looks a little out of place but not completely out of place when you consider that there are already some sports coupe style cars and such already in the game.

Also that advertisement is kind funny in a silly way... :p

The DLC is free. Also it looks a little out of place but not completely out of place when you consider that there are already some sports coupe style cars and such already in the game.

Also that advertisement is kind funny in a silly way... :p
If it's free, no harm no foul I guess. It just looks so out of place. I think being able to add Mercedes style designs to the current cars would have made more sense. An emblem to hoods, or rims to karts, stuff like that. 

Chris

No need to pause the game only to look at the map (mini map in the corner of the main screen is not the same). Also having your status bar there is useful as you can get more information than on the big screen alone. Switching weapons on the go? Great.
There's several games that hide the interface well (Batman Arkham series) so you only see the menu when you need them and most of the time you don't even need to go in unless you really want to switch to a different kind of equipment. I've never felt "gee, this game would be so much better if I ALWAYS had an additional screen on the side".

My point is, if you don't use the second screen the whole time, it's basically consuming power/battery/CPU and GPU cycles that should be used better somewhere else, for the actual game.

I use the second screen as a personal mirror to constantly ensure that my hairs are always in perfect shape and that I look good as long as I play the game.  This is very important to me because if my hairs are bad, the bad guys in the game would know that I'm in distress and start to attack me more and eventually end up killing me ;)

Anyway, everything is subjective.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  You don't value the second screen but lots of others do.  Nintendo has been able to sell a whole lot of DS and 3DS systems, so that says something there - that a lot of people like the dual screen concept :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the second screen as a personal mirror to constantly ensure that my hairs are always in perfect shape and that I look good as long as I play the game.  This is very important to me because if my hairs are bad, the bad guys in the game would know that I'm in distress and start to attack me more and eventually end up killing me ;)

Anyway, everything is subjective.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  You don't value the second screen but lots of others do.  Nintendo has been able to sell a whole lot of DS and 3DS systems, so that says something there - that a lot of people like the dual screen concept :)
I personally find the DS to be ingenious. Both screens are mostly in view, most of the time. In the little time I've spent with the WiiU, it just doesn't seem to function as well. A lot of DS games require the touch screen to be used, so it's really second nature for most games. I just don't see that for the WiiU.

Now I don't own one yet, but the first time I picked up a DS, it just felt natural. I haven't gotten that feeling from the WiiU, yet. For me to look down at the pad, also means I'm no longer looking at the TV screen. For me personally, the off screen play is the best feature. In this way, the tablet controller and touch screen all work together as one, like the DS. 

I'll be getting the WiiU for my son this holiday(and one for me if they do a red Bayonetta system bundle), so I'll be able to contribute better to this thread later this year. I'm looking forward to checking out "N" latest and greatest. I just really hope they have a proper account system by then. 

Chris

The controller is fine whats really annoying is that not every game supports it ! I bought Lego Batman 2 for my kids and its the second time, they don't play in coop mode. The first time was just because Lego City Undercover does not support multiplayer. But this time, its almost impossible to play it in coop, no pro controller support means, you have to take a wiimote, but as its not possible to move the "target circle" around with it, every time the second characters needs to do more than just beating up someone/thing, it gets complicated.
You can use the wiimote and a nunchuk provided you have a sensor bar for your WiiU, The targeting then works as you'd expect - you hold a button on the wiimote or nunchuk (I forget which) and point the wiimote at the screen to target and let your batarang/acrobat pole fly.

You can use the wiimote and a nunchuk provided you have a sensor bar for your WiiU, The targeting then works as you'd expect - you hold a button on the wiimote or nunchuk (I forget which) and point the wiimote at the screen to target and let your batarang/acrobat pole fly.
Thanks for the hint, but I already made sure everything is setup accordingly (the wiimote works without problems with other games, like "Red Steel 2"). I/we are not alone with this, there are several reports of others having the exact same problems scattered over the web. Some had success by replacing the Wiimote with a Wiimote plus, but unfortunately I don't have one to try it out for myself.

Thanks for the hint, but I already made sure everything is setup accordingly (the wiimote works without problems with other games, like "Red Steel 2"). I/we are not alone with this, there are several reports of others having the exact same problems scattered over the web. Some had success by replacing the Wiimote with a Wiimote plus, but unfortunately I don't have one to try it out for myself.
Hmm, that's odd. I have found that I have to very specific about where I point the wiimote, but that happened with the Wii, too, i.e the sensor bar is on top of the TV and I'm sitting on the floor or one of my twin boys is playing (and he's too small to get the wiimote in a high enough position for it to register with the sensor bar and draw the reticule on the screen). But outside of those issues, it generally works.

Your USB device problem:

Maybe this is interesting for you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64669464

Don't know how trustworthy it is but short conclusion is: USB stick: No; HDD: Yes
Bought a new USB thumb drive, three observations:

• the WiiU seem not to be able to power two usb thumb drives over the same hub/controller > tried to move everything from the old drive to the new one, but always got errors, till I put one in the back and one in the front
  • no problems with the new thumb drive anymore, games popup in the menu reliably
  • its not possible to use more then one usb drive ? why ???

Hmm, that's odd. I have found that I have to very specific about where I point the wiimote, but that happened with the Wii, too, i.e the sensor bar is on top of the TV and I'm sitting on the floor or one of my twin boys is playing (and he's too small to get the wiimote in a high enough position for it to register with the sensor bar and draw the reticule on the screen). But outside of those issues, it generally works.
I borrowed a WiiMotePlus (the Luigi themed) from a local video rental store, and it worked without a hitch, so it looks like there are some combinations of console, system, WiiMote and Nunchuck that are problematic.

Yeah, the HDD/Flashdrive issue has been around since the Wii. The USB ports aren't strong enough to power everything. Anytime you get a storage device for a "N" system, make sure it has it's own power supply, as that is the only way your assured it will work. If your trying to use the power of the system, GOOD LUCK!

This is really no different than anything "N" does, they just move forward, and figure it out as they go. They'll be damned to ever look elsewhere and copy a good idea.

Chris 

Last edited by a moderator:

You can place the sensor bar below the TV and then update its relative position in the relevant settings, also if there is a window / light source behind the sensor bar then try closing your curtains / turning off the light for vastly improved pointer performance.

Does my life have to be 24/7 on game engine?
You've made promises to people and keep adding on things. Sure you're working on a Wii U Version and that's fine but we've told you many times to focus on getting an actual game before bothering to port to other platforms. It would appear you still have no actual game to deliver to those who have pledged. Specifically those who have pledged a significant amount of money and were given an ETA of June 2013 and this still hasn't happened :/

I do not release press releases for all of the progress made on the game directly, as we're still recovering the 4 months worth of stolen work.

BACKERS, on KickStarter are okay with our plans of action. 

We plan to release on all platforms at once, so just optimizing on workload here.

Back