Noob Problems

fev

Still Fresh
Hi guys, gp2x arrived today (hoorah).
I have a few problems........
1. are there any major advantages to fw 2.1.1 over 2.0.0?
2. I have put the neogeo pocket emu on my sd card and then the roms in the main folder, it can see these folders but nothing happens when I try to load them. Any ideas? I can get it working on a giz but not on this. what stupid mistake am i making?
3. I got the gp 2nd hand (apparently faulty but not!) and am unsure what version it is, how can i tell? (it doesn't say v1 on it and the joystick has a dent in it with a nipple)
Cheers chaps and chapesses!

Phil

fev said:
Hi guys, gp2x arrived today (hoorah).
I have a few problems........
1. are there any major advantages to fw 2.1.1 over 2.0.0?
Yes, things such increased SD reading/writing speeds which helps with emus for the NeoGeo or MegaCD, a skin selector for easier skin installation, along with various other fixes I can't think of at the moment.

2.1.1 is definitely the firmware to have though.

2. I have put the neogeo pocket emu on my sd card and then the roms in the main folder, it can see these folders but nothing happens when I try to load them. Any ideas? I can get it working on a giz but not on this. what stupid mistake am i making?
I'm assuming you're using RACE!? If so, I haven't tried this emu myself, but I've seen several people say the ROMs would not load due to the file name being too long. So maybe try shortening the file name and then loading them.

3. I got the gp 2nd hand (apparently faulty but not!) and am unsure what version it is, how can i tell? (it doesn't say v1 on it and the joystick has a dent in it with a nipple)
Cheers chaps and chapesses!

Well the MK2 has the joystick with the "nipple" you speak of, so unless the seller changed the joystick its an MK2. Also I believe only MK2's have Korean handwriting on the back of the GP2X.(I'm not sure)

Last edited by a moderator:
if your sd card reader is old then transfer small amounts as sometimes (in my case) they don't seem to transfer correctly.

when i ordered my gp2x i got it spanking new. mine is a version 3.0.0 firmware value pack. a lot of stuff i've got or downloaded or whatever is basically designed with 2.1.1 or later in mind. so in a sense your gonna be in hog heaven.

enjoy your 2x bro!

Back