Not Allowed To Drink

Just because it full of enemies doesnt mean that its good... its ok.

Cyberman: The Daleks And The Cyber Men. Together we could upgrade teh entire universe.

Dalek: I am black with blue spots! How care you talk to me. Exterminate!

I feel terrible......

Last night was sooo fun but I am NEVER drinking Southern Comfort again.

Ok it was fun, Phil left early :( , I think he had enough of watching us on karaoke. And last thing I remember was Donna's husband carrying me into the car to take me home.

NEVER again.....

Sooo, does anyone have any good hangover cures, please don't say the dare of the hog, I mean the hair of the dog.

Edit: DO NOT Mention Doctor who, I missed it and will not see it until 7:00 tonight on BBC3. You can talk about it after then until you are blue in the feet.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 2 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
I feel terrible......

Last night was sooo fun but I am NEVER drinking Southern Comfort again.

Ok it was fun, Phil left early :( , I think he had enough of watching us on karaoke. And last thing I remember was Donna's husband carrying me into the car to take me home.

NEVER again.....

A nonsense.

Everyone talk like that.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 2 2006 at 12:44 PM said:
Sooo, does anyone have any good hangover cures, please don't say the dare of the hog, I mean the hair of the dog.

Russian supposedly developed one (for for KGB-ish purposes) the "RU-21" but I never tested it (it can be bought rather easily). I personally doubt it's effective.

I know effective drugs what will ease hangover but you don't want them to try. Unless you would be interested in developing a massive tolerance for an alcohol and Delirium tremens like syndroms as the results.
(but then there will no be hangovers anymore :D )

If it's so bad then just drink some more alcohol now. Drink more water for sure as it should help to reduce dehydrating. What else? Not much I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Water and a painkiller. Best to do it the night before though or its not really very effective.

Ibuprofen before bed with a glass of water. Now you just need to Tardis to travel back...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 2 2006 at 04:24 PM said:
that hangover pill. I forget the name, but its in a red box and they sell it in the pharmacies.

It works, i've tried it.

edit: Chaser

It's working on congeners (as wrote in FAQ) so it's effectiveness should strongly depends on a beverage type.

The dehydrating effect of ethanol and it's metabolism into acetaldehyde and acetate is a major cause of a hangover.

Was it effective after drinking a clear vodka?

edit:
There is also the effect of GABA receptors what are losing a sedation after ethanol is removed from a body so amplifying a sensitivity to such phenomenas as a pain.

According to Philalawyer there's a drug they give to schizophrenics that will work wonders for hangovers. It's apparently called compazine. I haven't tried it, though.

Other than that, the best hangover cure I've ever come across starts before you go to bed so you're already screwed. Just like Sam suggested, two extra-strength Ibuprofens and a glass of water before bed. You'll still be a little groggy when you wake up, but you won't have the wicked headache.

Ravnos posted on Jul 2 2006 at 05:12 PM said:
According to Philalawyer there's a drug they give to schizophrenics that will work wonders for hangovers. It's apparently called compazine. I haven't tried it, though.

Don't.

It's a very potent neuroleptic with possible results in Tardive dyskinesia after prolonged use. Even a worst hangover is nothing in a comparison and will not last for rest of your life like the Tardive dyskinesia is.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 2 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
LOL Take some psychotropic drugs to cure a hangover :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about posting a picture of persons who were getting such drugs and how they are looking because of sideeffects. But decided to not...

However some sedatives will be effective but increase (and quickly) alcohol tolerance killing basically a fun of drinking or even inducing physically based addiction.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Jul 2 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
@Radek: I had some cheap smirnoff and then some grey goose, and it helped them both equally. :)

That's good to hear. That substance is looking like a reasonable thing.

Er I think trying to cure a hangover by throwing lots of drugs at it isn't the answer.

I'm on my sofa watching the show jumping snuggled into a duvet feeling very sorry for myself. For me I think this is the best place to be for my hangover. Oh and I have lots of fresh welsh water :) .

A night with the girls, Southern Comfort and a karaoke machine is a lethal combination, and it's a good thing it doesn't happen very often. The funny thing is, it was actually Donna's 3 year olds birthday party :D .

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 2 2006 at 05:45 PM said:
Er I think trying to cure a hangover by throwing lots of drugs at it isn't the answer.

Well.. it shouldn't be but the ethanol is a powerfull drug itself. We are species driven by drugs - some what are our own bodies are producing, some what we are artificially injecting (an alcohol is a prime example).
And there are cases where alcohol intoxication has to be treated by other drug. Or there might be some very nasty consequences.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Jul 2 2006 at 05:45 PM said:
I'm on my sofa watching the show jumping snuggled into a duvet feeling very sorry for myself. For me I think this is the best place to be for my hangover. Oh and I have lots of fresh welsh water :) .

A night with the girls, Southern Comfort and a karaoke machine is a lethal combination, and it's a good thing it doesn't happen very often. The funny thing is, it was actually Donna's 3 year olds birthday party :D .

You had at least a good party. Some pain for just few days isn't that big price for it imho.

Back