not quite reading the SD card

KrazyKain

Still Fresh
for a long time the SD card worked fine, and it appeared as mmcblk0 in media... now it's being read as a bunch of symbols (anything from ?! to things I don't even know how to type).. all the PNDs still appear on the desktop and/or menu, but none of them actually run.

Now this happened while I was trying to get D1X rebirth to work and involved a lot of putting it in my computer to check on the files and pulling it back out, eventually I got bored of 'safely removing' it so I think I might have corrupted something...

I am backing up the data now for a reformat so that might fix it, but this is going to take about half an hour so I'm just seeing if anyone knows what this problem is, had it before and thinks the format won't be doing anything

Note: It's a Kingston, I'll get the exact type after I can pull it out of my computer (assuming it still doesn't work I guess, because then I won't need to!) but it's 16gb. edit... actually was it a sandisk? darn... well 2 minutes till the data is backed up and I can reformat

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the name of the SD Card got messed up somehow.

Put it into your Windows PC, right-click on properties and give it a proper name :)

Or check properties and see what file system it is if it has changed to raw then you will not be able to access the card without a format (strangely if you put it in a caanoo windows can still read it)

Seems like the name of the SD Card got messed up somehow.

Put it into your Windows PC, right-click on properties and give it a proper name :)
ED have you ever tried this with raw file dont know if its the way the caanoo reads files but every time it seams too work (very strange)

Back