Not Sure Where To Start

edeekbcool

Still Fresh
hi,
i have known about the pandora for over a year now and have a had a pre-order in since the start =]
but i have found that i have a large amount of spare time lately and end up being bored sitting infront of my computer xD
I am thinkng, i would like to develop for the pandora. i was planning on creating a simple 2D platformer to start, but i have no idea where to start
i only have basic knowlage in HTML whice i know is no help xD
What language/s should i learn to start with and how chalanging would a project like this be?,
thanks in advance,
edee

humanshield said:
hi,
i have known about the pandora for over a year now and have a had a pre-order in since the start =]
but i have found that i have a large amount of spare time lately and end up being bored sitting infront of my computer xD
I am thinkng, i would like to develop for the pandora. i was planning on creating a simple 2D platformer to start, but i have no idea where to start
What language/s should i learn to start with and how chalanging would a project like this be?,
thanks in advance,
edee
I have a feeling the answer will be Python.

But I can't really program. But Python is easy enough, from what I've tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
(naw)mcx said:
humanshield said:
hi,
thanks in advance,
edee
I have a feeling the answer will be Python.

But I can't really program. But Python is easy enough, from what I've tried.
ahhh ok thanks for the fast reply,
do you know anything about pygame?
what exactly does it add to python?
thanks again,
edee

edit:Typo

Python, or if you want it REALLY easy for yourself, Processing (Processing is much easier to start with imo, and if you want to share your application with someone else, or even publish it as a Java applet on the Internet (Like a flash game, only with Java) it's really easy to do. Processing is more targeted towards artists, but it's also usable to create simple games).

(tutorials here)

dflemstr said:
Python, or if you want it REALLY easy for yourself, Processing (Processing is much easier to start with imo, and if you want to share your application with someone else, or even publish it as a Java applet on the Internet (Like a flash game, only with Java) it's really easy to do. Processing is more targeted towards artists, but it's also usable to create simple games.

(tutorials here)
hmmm, processing looks interesting but i think ill start with Python still,
thanks

humanshield said:
dflemstr said:
Python, or if you want it REALLY easy for yourself, Processing (Processing is much easier to start with imo, and if you want to share your application with someone else, or even publish it as a Java applet on the Internet (Like a flash game, only with Java) it's really easy to do. Processing is more targeted towards artists, but it's also usable to create simple games.

(tutorials here)
thanks
In that case, you have to know Python. If you do, then follow these tutorials. If you don't, here's the official tutorial

dflemstr said:
humanshield said:
dflemstr said:

(tutorials here)
thanks
In that case, you have to know Python. If you do, then follow these tutorials. If you don't, here's the official tutorial
wow, thanks for all the info,
you have been a great help,
ill dig my teeth into it (see what i did thar) xD
when i get back from the upcoming lan =],
thanks again,
edee

Back