Now If I Only Had A Gp32

tito13kfm

Still Fresh
This program looks truly awesome.

I downloaded it and tried it on geepee32 but the demo game freezes shortly in to it, so I assume it's an emulator issue.

I was just wondering how difficult it is to enter text with the gp32.. I would assume it would be like RPGMaker for PS1.. which was a pain in the ass.

Seeing as the most important aspect of an rpg is the story I could see it taking a LONG time entering all the text on the GP32. Have you ever thought about making a windows port of the editor, or have an option to import script files that I write on the pc into the program?

Well good luck with this, it looks to be one of the truly promising projects for the gp32. Could this be the next Dink Smallwood? looks like it may be.

i think u might b able 2 use a chat board 2 emter text, but im unsure, as ive never acually used the program :eek: . hopefully there willl be a lot of games being made for it. :D

Currently, there is no chatboard support .. but may be implimented in the future.

Entering text isn't that bad (hell, I got thru it on the Playstation). A PC editor may come to fruition, check the sticky thread for more info.

Most things in life are just text files with a different extension. You could always start making a game, enter a key phrase, then use a binary editor or whatever and look through the files to see where the phrase went. Then you could just type msg122, and go back later and fill them all in on the pc with a keyboard.

I could always be wrong, and the text unobtainable, but that seems odd for any game creator not to store the addons in plain, unencrypted format.

mth411

getting a chatboard today with the donations, so chatboard support should be in the next release hopefully.

text editing isnt to bad using the virtual keyboard, while RPG's do have alot of dialog in total. the sheer size of rpg's mean you normally get 20 minutes of action for every few lines of dialog. so when creating a game you dont find yourself too bogged down with text.

Back