"if Only I Had The Pandora"

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
Often I decide whether or not to buy a device based on how many "if only I had it" thoughts. That count is usually a better indicator than the "wow" factor of how useful the device would be. In Pandora's case, I've already counted 5-10+ times I've had that thought.

So, I thought it'd be fun if we shared the "If only I had the Pandora" moments. It might give everyone ideas into different ways the Pandora could be put to good use. :)

Some basic rules:
  1. Try to choose as unique and original a situation as possible.
  2. If you didn't think "If only I had it" (or similar, whatever) then it doesn't count. Don't mention any imaginary situations, only real ones where it would've been truly useful.
  3. The above means thoughts like "I could..." or "I will..." don't count. It has to be some situation you've already been in, and then based off of that you might say "Instead, with the Pandora I would've..."
I'll begin:
I was in the car the other day with some friends, and the conversation switched to music. I had a few CD's stored away, but the ones I really enjoyed weren't there. "If only I had the Pandora", I would've been able to show them some of my favorite tunes (and the Pandora). ;)

Not so much "If only I had the pandora" but many a time when ive been in lecures or on campus with my gp2x i've though "If only it had Wifi, I could go online and do..." and also last year while on holiday I thought "if only my gp2x would accept the SD card straigh out of my video camera and play the video, then I wouldn't have to go all the way to the internet cafe to view it"...so yes, those are two of the many reasons I want a pandora.

Yesterday my friend was showing and playing her new DS. "If only I had the Pandora", I'd show what more it could do by playing some real PS1 Final Fantasy in 800x480 ;)

edit: not to mention the numerous times when I think "If only I had a wifi-enabled device that would draw less attention than a laptop to get through boring classes..."

I could use hotel wifi to email pictures back to myself from my camera and have free space without deleting anything.

If only I had the Pandora, I would no longer have to sleep in school study halls, as I'd have something much more fun to do.

If only I had a pandora, I could play all my favorite old school games one the go without using a Pandora Battery on my PSP, and I could probably load larger images at full quality while browsing!

If only I had a Pandora, I could use a clip on webcam, and voice chat while playing poker with my buddy in Iraq.

if only i had a pandora i could have hooked it up to a massive HDTV and a webcam to have it "watch" people going down the hall at school... with pyeyes of course

been trying to get a round to it with a regular computer....is a WIP :)

Edit: after some thought some of those didn't count :)

If only I had a Pandora... I could take it to project meetings to keep notes in simple text. Then I could challenge all those lying b******s when they say 'no one asked me that' etc. It would also distract them, looking at the cool Pandora, giving me the edge. This effect would be increased if I got one of those devices that transmit an IR keyboard onto the desk.

And I promise I would not sit playing games and browsing on it all day at work. I wouldn't - honest. ;)
I wouldn't use the company network trawling for homebrew and emulators either.

If only I had a Pandora I might actually have a go learning how to program it. Which I also wouldn't do at work. Or look on these forums and other pages for tips.

Actually I'm beginning to think this thread is daft - I've already had far too many 'If onlys' during the last few weeks. :)

Yesterday I was listening to a new online radio station I found. If only I had the Pandora, I would've been able to listen to it away from my PC.

TaG said:
Actually I'm beginning to think this thread is daft - I've already had far too many 'If onlys' during the last few weeks. :)
That's the point. You find out how much you need the Pandora by how many times you think that. It's a really great system. :)

So, you must really need it. Move ahead by 2 spaces. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see who's faster about that :p

Anyway, if only I had a Pandora I could leave my laptop switched off more of the time, since I mostly use it for IM and RSS reading + I have all my music on MP3Tunes (and on my MP3 Player)

Back