NUB alternative

Hi

An alternative for the Nubs.

OP designed the nubs that are going into pandora. the pandora has been designed to take the nubs they designed. they have contracted companies to produce both. they would have to modify the current design if they wanted to switch nubs. this would set production back which at this point could be detrimental to the success of the machine. not to mention the money they have spent + would need to spend. at this point a major hardware change is NOT gonna happen. also i want the nubs that OP designed, because they designed them for me(us) :)

P.S. thanks all involved with OP, and all you developers. the wait has been hard, the bumps in the road have been many, but anything worth having is worth waiting for. you should all feel proud. i do and i only purchased one, you guys MADE it happen.

I'm not saying that there aren't better nubs out there, potentially at least. But this sort of discussion is fairly premature since there is no reason to implement changes that could split the userbase (nubs with a pushbutton) instead of waiting for a redesign.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with my Pandora. Sure, the nubs could be slightly better (they are pretty sweet as-is, so I'm very grateful for all the thought, effort, and time that went into them). But like any other change I would like, such as an FM tuner since nothing else I buy has one unless I buy either a dedicated device (which I would have to carry instead of my Pandora) or an mp3 player, it's very unlikely for this generation Pandora as well as rather premature for the next generation discussions.

The only thing I don't like about my nubs (other than the fact that one offers less resistance than the other- I think it's a production error or somesuch) is that the plastic used is hard. Maybe I've just spent too much time with the Xbox controllers, but that really threw me off. But that's a mattery of preference. They're fine as-is. Maybe this is something you could have weighed in on three or so years ago when the Pandora's design was still being discussed.

The only thing I don't like about my nubs (other than the fact that one offers less resistance than the other- I think it's a production error or somesuch) is that the plastic used is hard. Maybe I've just spent too much time with the Xbox controllers, but that really threw me off. But that's a mattery of preference. They're fine as-is. Maybe this is something you could have weighed in on three or so years ago when the Pandora's design was still being discussed.

For me I like the hard plastic, for that it's durable. However, it's not perfect as I have dry finger tips! Hence an earlier post (NUBs / Sticky Fingers). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually this is a pretty nice component, and I have now ordered two to play with in my electronics toolbox .. thanks for the nice link!

Back